[10]

1 week

1 week.

36 missed phone calls.

$2000 on car shipping.

1 apologetic letter sent home.

12-hour flight.

21:10pm.

I was finally here.

Tokyo.

Pulling my bag over my shoulder, I made my way through the terminal, looking like just another foreigner as I squinted at the signposts. 'Lost' was obviously written across my forehead as a lovely older lady helped me find my way.

"Arigatō." the woman beamed as I bowed my head politely.

"Learning the language already?" A familiar voice drawled from behind me as I turned to see Han leaning against a car with a smirk on his face and a bag of chips in his hand.

"Hai," I laughed, giving a small bow before I moved forward and wrapped my arms around Han's neck as he rubbed my back with his free hand. "It's nice to see you again," I breathed with an air of calm, feeling a little more free.

Han just nodded as we broke apart, but his eyes shone a little brighter with familiarity. Maybe me being here would be good for both of us.

Taking the strap of my bag, I tugged the bag up higher as I got a look at the car he was driving. Letting out a small whistle, I excitedly move around the vehicle in appreciation. It was a typical street racing car, but Han had obviously put a lot of work into it.

"Beautiful, right?" I nodded at the older man's words as he opened the passenger door for me. "Come on, Gaijin," Han said playfully as he moved around the car, throwing away his chip packet as he went.

"Hey!" I called out as I climbed into the small 2-door coupe, "I know what that means!" the laughter that Han let out lit a genuine smile on his face as he joined me in the car, still sniggering as he started the car.

Han drove me around Tokyo for a while before taking me back to the place he calls his home, so color me surprised when we arrive at what I can only describe as back alley nightlife.

Music is pounding from the building in front of us as my eyes open in surprise. Han just smirks at my expression before getting out of the car, leaving me to follow behind him.

Instead of walking into the nightclub, the older man takes out a set of keys and opens the door to the building connected to it. Moving out of the way, he lets me in first, and I stop in awe when I see the garage.

My eyes trail over the cars, bikes, tools, and the open door where I can hear the loud music playing. "You have a nightclub connected to your garage?" I laugh, facing Han, who was watching me closely.

His face morphs into an amused smile at my words as he walks further into the garage with me trailing after him like a little puppy dog. My fingers skimmed over car parts and machinery as they itched to grab ahold of them.