[1]

My heart raced as I stood frozen, watching the man in front of me

My heart raced as I stood frozen, watching the man in front of me. His twist body's grotesque and deformed features sent spikes of guilt through me as his eyes bore into mine. His eyes the only thing untouched, and undoubtedly his, I would never forget those eyes.

Especially as they watched me in fear.

But now nothing but hatred and disgust shone threw them as he swayed in front of me pointed a bloodied, broken finger in my direction as my body began to tremble with the sobs of my tears. "You did this to me, Rose."

I choked on my words, nothing was coming out; I wanted to plead with him; beg him to stop, I wanted to tell him I loved him and would always feel guilt for everything that happened, but nothing came from my lips.

"It should have been you", he gasped, slowly shuffling closer to me as I tiptoed back "you left me. I needed you, and you left" my sobs drew louder as his breaths heaved louder, sounding more painful with every step.

Suddenly he bolted forward with a snarl as I crouched and lifted my arms over my head for protection, screaming loudly, "Owen! No!".

Bolting up, I gasped, placing a hand over my chest as it moved rapidly along with the wet tears I could feel falling down my cheek as I tried not to alert anyone to my state of being. The nightmares were getting worse, but it was to be expected on the one year anniversary of the events leading me back to my family.

A whole year since I saw the man I used to call my brother falling from a plane, his eyes terrified as he fell from me, I could still feel the scream in the back of my throat as if I had only just called out for him with an outstretched arm.

Hearing laughter, I pulled back my bedsheets and walked over to the window; pushing the curtain back, I looked down to see my family in the back yard; Mia and Letty were fawning over little Jack while Dom and Brian worked on something to the side of them with grins on their faces.

Sighing, I let go of the curtain and sat on the edge of my bed, rubbing my face free of any leftover tears as I picked up my phone—No New Messages. Lifting my laptop onto my thigh, I quickly began typing, hoping to find any new information.