It's getting hard to breathe

London, England
Saturday November 19th, 2021
6:00pm

"Niall." Harry said, his voice a little shaky from trying to process everything.

"Ni are you okay?" Harry asked, resting a hand on his lover's knee.

Niall was still in shock. Not only did he witness cannibalism but the world has gone to shit. He couldn't stop his legs from bouncing up and down because if they didn't move then his mind would and he'd go into full blown panic attack mode. All he wanted was to get married to the love of his life and as far as he got was the morning after he proposed.

"Niall, love, please say something." The taller man pleaded as he knelt down in front of the Irish man.

"I'm.." Niall started, his breathing heavy, "so scared."

Harry could feel all the panic radiating from Niall's body. Even though Harry had a million wild thoughts in his mind in the same moment, the only thing he wanted for sure, was for his fiancé to feel okay.

Harry continued to rub Niall's leg as he tried to figure out what he could possibly say to make his lover feel better.

"I know baby, I am too." Harry stated.

"However Zayn didn't answer his phone, so we need to make sure everything is okay over there." Harry said sternly, trying to make Niall understand the people they love could be in danger.

Niall slowly took in a shaky breath and stood up.

"We're going to need things to protect ourselves with." The brunette said, trying to get his mind to focus.

"I have the gun Liam gave us, you know before he went insane about how the world was going to end." Harry said with a fake laugh.

"I guess he wasn't so insane after all." He added, his head hanging low.

Harry went to grab the gun from the closet shelf as Niall looked through their kitchen drawers for knives.

They met back in living room, both standing in front of the door.

"Babes, maybe you shouldn't use a knife." Harry said, as he pulled back from the door knob.

"Why not?" Niall asked, waving the knife back and fourth in front of himself, examining why it wasn't a good idea.

"I feel like it's too much of a close contact weapon." Harry said, as he walked to the closet.

"Here." He said as he walked back to the pale skinned man. "I feel like this is a better choice."

"A baseball bat?" Niall asked confused as he took it and set his knife down on the floor.

"Where did you even get one?" He asked.

"Oh, it was gift from Tim. He wanted me to join the baseball team at work." Harry said as was preparing to walk out the door.

"Right. Tim. The German boy." Niall said with an eye roll.

"Are we really going to have this fight right now?" Harry asked with a sigh.