Chapter 2 ~ Hopelessly devoted to you

What did you think of chapter one? Let me know! Just so you get a picture, Tris and Four never got together, the war hasn't happened yet and initiation has been over for a few weeks. They still have to choose their jobs though. This is for the plot's sake. Again, all rights go to Veronica Roth. (This chapter is in Tris' POV, just to try it)

He said it. He actually said he wanted me. And he'd called me beautiful. Call me crazy, but I'd felt a tug in my stomach when he spoke. And I'd wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and press my mouth to his. The guy who had tried to kill me had attracted me.

A lot.

I wanted to talk to someone. Christina was always my first choice, but how would she react to Peter's name? I decided to talk to Will instead. He was wise and I trusted him.

"Will! Can I ask you for some advice? Christina isn't the most suited for this particular situation..." I lie.

"Sure." He says tentatively.

"Uhm... there's this guy who always was really shit to me ... and now he's explained why. I won't bother telling you but it makes sense. And he called me beautiful and asked me on a date. I hated his guts but now I understand and am, er, attracted to him. Like, a lot. Should I go through with it?" I explain.

"You're talking about Peter." He states.

"What? That's insane!" I say, surprise streaming through my pores.

How did he guess?

"Whatever. I say that if you're convinced, then you should give it a shot. But i still don't trust that Candor bastard" He answers.

"Thanks Will, I'll tell you how it goes." I say, hugging him.

"Sure you will!" He says sarcastically.

PETER'S POV (I didn't like writing as Tris.)

Tonight. I am a nervous wreck. My date with Tris Prior is tonight. Wow. I am mindblown she even agreed to come. Even after a day, it won't sink in.

I tighten my tie. Yes, I'm wearing a tux, black obviously. My hair is slicked back and gelled to place. I told Tris I'd be at the Pit for 7:30. I hope she shows up.

Look at yourself, falling head over heels for her.

Who wouldn't?

I walk to the Chasm railing and lean against it casually, willing my palms to not get sweaty.

And then she taps my shoulder lightly. I know it's her even without seeing her. She smells like orange and mint, something I never would have guessed went well together, but, on her, mingles perfectly. When I turn, my breath catches. She is always beautiful, but tonight even more so. She is wearing a black leather dress, which hugs her slight form in all the right places, showing off her curves. Her pale and slender legs are only just visible under net tights and she is rendered taller by black heels. Her eyes, alight and sparkling, are brought out by her smoky makeup and her blonde hair falls in light, whispy waves around her face.

"Close your mouth, Peter. You'll catch flies." She says seriously.

I just nod and swallow hard. She blushes slightly and lowers her eyes. I place my thumb on her chin and lift her head up.

God, I want to kiss her.

"You look breathtaking." I say simply.

That's all I can manage. She blushes a little darker. She takes my hand and entwines her fingers in mine.

"Where to?" She asks shyly.

"There's a place I discovered on the Hub's last floor. It's got a beautiful view." I tell her.

We walk, hand in hand, towards the elevator. Where her skin touches mine, I feel sparks and jolts of electricity. In the creaky elevator, we are alone. She watches the city as we shoot upwards. Her brows furrowed, lost in a trail of thought.

I wish I knew what she's thinking.

The elevator's bell rings and the door opens. Loud music seeps through. Tris giggles and looks at me, wide-eyed.

"What?" I ask.

"You look so freaked out. Relax." She says softly.

She turns to face me. Her free hand reaches for my hair and she runs her fingers smoothly through it, on the pretence of sorting it out. She bites her lower lip slightly. The sight of her and the feel of her hand ruffling my hair makes me lean forward. I realize what I'm doing before it's too late and jerk back, blushing.

"Sorry. Too soon, huh?"

"I guess so..." She mumbles.

We walk out of the elevator and sit at our table. While we eat, I steal hidden glances at her. She looks so peaceful and comfortable. I notice she's pulling at her dress, as if willing it to be longer.

"Your dress is fine." I say.

She blushes again and fixates on her fork, as if it's the most interesting thing she's ever seen.

We talk about whatever comes to mind: what we're thinking of choosing as a job, our lives in our former factions, why we chose Dauntless, funny stories... Tris seems to be having fun. And this is just the dinner.

"What's your favourite colour?" She asks me.

"Hmmm... I'd say midnight blue. Yours?"

"Green. That's why I love your eyes." She says.

She loves my eyes!

Get a grip, you baby.

Oh shut up!

"You like my eyes, huh?" I say whilst wiggling my eyebrows.

She explodes into a fit of laughter. I want to tell her that her eyes are breathtaking, but since the elevator incident, I've been holding back on compliments.

When we finish eating, I take her up to the rooftop, to see the sunset. The city is dipped in different shades of pink, red and orange. We stay on the roof until the first stars come out, then I take her back down, to a big ballroom. Her eyes widen in realisation.

"Peter!" She exclaims. "I can't dance!"

"I'll teach you, I guess." I say.

She sighs and steps in front of me. She gives me a look that says alright I'm waiting. I take her hands and place them on my shoulders, then take her waist. I teach her the steps. When she's learnt them, I lift her off the ground and spin her in the air. She laughs. I feel a smile creep onto my lips. We dance for the rest of the night, until our legs can't take it anymore.

I couldn't have asked for this evening to go better.

I am hopelessly devoted to you, Tris Prior.

Hope you enjoyed. :) tell me your thoughts! I know Peter is kind of AU but what the hell! I thought it would be easier to portray him, to be honest. Vote and comment?
-JaceIsNaturalBlonde