Chapter 4 ~ A blessing?

I am soooo obsessed with Miles Teller at the moment ♥ You can tell, huh? #gonnawatchallhismovies :)

She kissed me. She said she's mine.

Those are the only thoughts that occupy my mind. Me and Tris keep our relationship quiet, because God knows what stares we would get. I don't actually care, but I do it for her. We sneak off in the dead of night, we spend afternoons together in lonely places in Dauntless, where no one will walk in on us. Sure, we kiss a lot. And might I say Tris is quite definitely the best kisser. But we also talk. And just walk, holding hands, gaze into each other's eyes. I promised Tris that, as this is her first ever relationship, we'll go slowly. I can wait. Love isn't about sex. Love is about the small things, the little acts that drive one to care for the other. So I will wait, because she is worth waiting for. And because I want this to be serious.

"Hey Peter!" Her voice calls.

I turn around to face her. She is wearing Dauntless black, her tank top exposing the tattoo on her collarbone. Her hair bounces around on her head as she runs towards me. When she catches up with me, she flings herself into my arms. I catch her and kiss her firmly. She tangles her hands in my hair and wraps her legs around my waist.

"You ... Look ... Good." She says in between kisses.

I smile against her mouth. Trust her to commentate on something as random as my looks. I don't dwell on it though, because my mind is far more occupied on the girl in my arms and her lips pressed against my own.

"I knew it!" Someone gasps.

We break apart, Tris slightly pale. She disentangles herself from me and looks towards the source of the voice.

"Will!" She bellows.

"I'd guessed but you didn't admit it!!!" He says.

"Well ... you get why? Do you realize what Christina would say?" Tris shrieks.

I catch up on the conversation. It seems like they've forgotten I'm here, except for Tris squeezing my hand every now and then.

"Yeah. Well, she does know him better than you. I'm not going to say anything about how he tried to throw you off the Chasm, you remember right?"

"Shut. Up. You have no idea what you're saying!" She screeches.

"Actually -" Will starts.

"Erudite, leave her alone will you?" I snap.

I pull her against my chest and wrap my arms around her. She sobs, hanging on to my shirt.

"I'm just trying to protect her from you!" He yells.

"She doesn't need your protection. She's strong and smart enough to realize what she feels is right." I say, my tone measured.

"She thinks. But you're playing her. You want to hurt her!"

"Don't you dare!" I shout.

My first instinct would be to beat him up. For hurting Tris, for doubting I care for her. But I hold my ground, because that's what she'd want.

"Come on! Beat me up! You know you can't win." Will taunts.

"I can win. I could kill you if I wanted to. But I won't, because you're Tris' friend. So stop being a jerk to her and apologize." I spit.

"Leave it Peter." Tris chokes, her voice muffled by my shirt.

She looks up and stares the Erudite dead in the eye.

"He's not smart enough to see what you're really like. That's why he left his faction." She states.

His expression is one of pure shock and hatred. He storms off.

"It's okay, Tris." I whisper to her shaking form.

"I'll ... go and ... tell ... Christina ... before Will ... does." She chokes.

I lift her chin up and wipe the tears away. She gives me a small smile. I walk with her to the Pit. She immediately spots her friend. And Christina immediately spots us. She gives me a weird look.

"Tris! What happened?" She asks, concerned.

"It wasn't Peter." Tris says.

Christina relaxes. Tris briefly explains about our relationship and Will going crazy about it. Christina stays quiet the whole time, listening.

"I can actually understand how you could like him. I'm kind of hurt you thought I would try to get in your way. But I'll talk to Will. And I give you my blessing." She says, when Tris has finished.

Wait, what?

"Did you just say what I think you said?" I ask.

"Yes. I did." She answers.

Tris looks just as shocked as I feel. I kiss her, happy as ever.

"Guys! No PDA in front of me!" Christina shrieks.

Then she turns to me, dead serious.

"You really love her, don't you? I can see it. But I'm warning you, she gets hurt, you're dead." She whispers.

"I'll make sure she doesn't. And yes, I do love her. So much."

"Right. I'll make sure Uriah invites you both tonight." She says, loudly again.

"What's tonight?" Tris asks.

"Game night!" Christina squeals.

"Ugh. Seriously?" My girlfriend asks.

"Yes. Which means you're coming shopping with me!"

I see Tris' look of disgust and attempt to save her.

"Actually, I took her yesterday." I lie. "And she did herself more than justice for our date."

She seems to buy it.

"Oh. Well okay. But you owe me one!" She laughs and walks off.

"Thanks!" Tris says.

"Come on. Let's go get you ready!"

Thanks for reading this! Game night will be up soon!

-JaceIsNaturalBlonde