Chapter Twenty-Four

Max POV

I stared at the rogues lifeless bodies laying on the forest floor.The sight angered me and made me proud at the same time.The rogues took Micheal but he managed to take out six of them by himself.I could make out the smell of the rogues and where they went.We would have went after them but the rogues left a warning.

'If we see that your following us. We will kill your beta.Give us the kid and the girl." I ripped up the note and growled.They invaded our territory,kidnapped my best-friend and their making demands.What a stupid bunch of rogues.I was beyond angry and everyone else could see that."Uh...alpha? If they still want Tommy,then that means they didn't take him." Travis said in a nervous voice.

"Someone else took them. And I think I have an idea of who it was." I replied.Taking one last glance at the forest floor I shifted.I didn't have to give out any orders to the men,they already knew what had to be done.I ran all the way back to the pack house with one thought on my mind,Robin.The fact that I still had to tell her that we didn't find the kids and now Micheal was kidnapped,bothered me.

Looking up towards the sky I noticed the moon starting to show.Tonight was a full moon.That was just what I needed werewolves shifting into something more dangerous.Full moons meant that us wolves shifted into our lycan forms.It was painful and unforgettable.

The way our skin tore slowly from our bodies and was replaced with fur.Our bones snapped and twisted at a slow pace,making it unbearable.I shook those memories away and snapped back into reality.I ran faster as I pushed myself through the forest.Jumping over fallen trees and climbing over large rocks I ran as I dodged the trees.

That was one thing I loved about being a werewolf.I could run harder and faster than humans could.The fact that I didn't get tired that fast made my run a little more fun.Ever since I became alpha I found that I didn't get to run as often as I liked.I slowed down my pace as I neared the pack house.

Shifting as soon as I made it to the pack house,I pulled on some shorts and ran in.Everyone surrounded me as I came in asking me questions.I silenced them and pulled Robin towards my office.She didn't even fight or ask where I was taking her.When we entered my office she slumped down in one of the chairs.

"So I'm guessing you didn't find them?" She whispered out.I heard the desperation behind her voice.I shook my head as I began to speak."I'm pretty sure I know who took the kids,but not the location. And-" I didn't know how too tell her without hurting her more.She gave me a hopeful glance as she stared at me with red puffy eyes."Micheal's been kidnapped." I said lowly.

"Max,why is this all happening? They didn't do anything to anybody. If anything happens to them I'll..I'll." I could feel the anger radiating off her in waves.It surprised me that she was showing anger in this situation.I knew she had been crying when we went searching.But now she was beyond pissed off.

"Look,a week ago rogues came looking for you and Tommy. That was the same week we started training." I explained.She looked as if she was thinking about what I was saying."That was the night of Tommy's birthday,when he changed." She mumbled.That thought hadn't crossed my mind.The rogues didn't show up till he shifted.I played with some papers on my desk as she sat quietly.

"Who do you think took Tommy and Sally?" She questioned.I leaned back in my chair and stared at her for a minute before speaking."I'm pretty sure your dad took them." I spoke slowly trying not to anger her.I could already tell that her emotions were unstable.She put her face and her hands and started crying.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for her,but this wasn't a time to get weak."Look,Robin were going to do something about it soon." I replied,trying to comfort her.She let out a high pitch scream before standing up,while knocking the chair down in the process."We should be knocking his door down!" She screamed at me.