Bubblegum boy

Bubblegum boy

This is a special Valentine's Day oneshot dedicated to my beautiful memelord, @AMadWholockian. You're adorable  as hell and I fuckin love you <3

And to all my lovely skittle squishies: Happy Valentine's Day! I probably already say it enough, but I love each and every one of you so much. You're fabulous, okay?

Now! The fic. Please ignore Gerard's complete lack of morals and reason. You know you would act the same if Frank Iero kissed you.

Read on, my pretzels. Read on.

——————————————————————————————

The words had been spiteful, but the kiss was real.

Frank's fingers dug into the flesh of Gerard's hips through his school shirt, harsh and sharp as he kissed him. He pushed Gerard back against the bleachers, a little violently, but Gerard didn't care. He clutched feebly at Frank's lapels, clinging to what he could of this precious moment, knowing that once this was over, Frank would hate him again and Gerard would have to hate him back.

Frank's kisses had turned unexpectedly soft; the dominance and intensity of moments before apparently abandoned. His grip on Gerard's hips loosened, and his hands slid up to wrap around his waist. Gerard was struggling to breathe, still in shock, too overwhelmed, too scared. As soon as this kiss ended, he was dead for sure.

Frank pulled back and Gerard feared for his life, but instead of punching him or shouting a slur then marching away, Frank rested his forehead against Gerard's, breathing heavily but steadily. Gerard could feel his breath warm on his face, hot on his mouth. He smelled like bubblegum. Gerard kept his eyes closed, too scared to face the boy who stood so close to him, and Frank ran his hands down Gerard's sides.

Gerard could have stayed like that, breathing Frank in and just letting him run his hands down his body, but soon Frank was kissing him again, slowly and carefully and only a little bit wet, just skimming his tongue over Gerard's mouth.

When they broke apart this time, Gerard managed to open his eyes. Frank had a hardened expression on his face, his jaw set and his eyes cold. He pressed his face into Gerard's neck. "Nobody," he murmured in a low voice against Gerard's skin, "nobody is to know about this."

Gerard nodded shakily. "I won't tell."

Frank pulled back slightly. "If anyone hears about this, you're dead, clear?"

"C-clear."

"Cos I'm not a fag, and I don't want rumours getting around."

Gerard choked on a breath. He kind of felt like... not like his heart was breaking, as such, but... more like it was just sort of draining out. "Then- then why did you kiss me?" Gerard asked timidly.

Frank said nothing. He gave Gerard a shove. "You just keep your fucking mouth shut, alright? And maybe we keep doing this." Frank shook his head. "I don't know. It was okay."

Gerard paused, not sure what to do, then nodded feebly.

Frank kissed his cheek, gave him another shove against the bleachers, and walked away.

——

They met under the bleachers every day after school from then on.

Frank would insult Gerard, and Gerard would take it. He would take everything that Frank gave him. He would take his cruel words and abuse because then he would kiss Gerard, and Frank's lips made every bad word dissipate into nothing.