one

♩♪ ♫

♩♪ ♫

╒════════════════╕
𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝟽𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟹𝟹
𝚁𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚘𝚛𝚔
╘════════════════╛

He eyes were shaded by his brimmed hat as he walked down the path, his hand stuffed into his pockets and a lit cigarette resting between his lips. The park was busy, per usual, with men and women alike enjoying the new warmth after the dreadfully cold winter. Children ran around, chasing each other with screams of delight.

Eyes turned towards the Cole boy as he passed by a group of young women, not even shying away as they whispered to each other, their gaze never leaving the young man. With a small smirk on his lips, he tipped his hat at the women, continuing on his way.

It had been a few months, roughly half a year, since the young immortal had moved to Rochester. And ever since his arrival, he would constantly hear the eligible ladies, and even some who weren't, gossip about him, claiming he was one of the most eligible bachelors in town.

Sure, he had taken to short conversations with a few that caught his eye, but none that had lasted very long or that truly interested the boy. Besides, they were humans, and they wouldn't be around forever.

"Now, there is ever a man if I've ever seen one," One of the ladies said, sighing in a dreamy way. "Such an elegant young bachelor."

"Ever more so than Royce, wouldn't you say, Rose?" Another said, targeting one of the women in their group.

The boy heard the girl in question hum softly as he took his place on a bench nearby, curious to their conversation now, but keeping his back towards them to not raise any suspicion.

It was a moment later, probably after studying the young man, that Rose spoke. "I suppose so. Though, no one really knows much about him. He could be an urchin as far as anyone knows."

"With clothes like that? Impossible."

"Not to mention the way he carries himself. He must be of some wealth to have manners like his."

The two girls that were with the young woman were quick to object to her words, causing a smile to come to Cardwell's face. This wasn't the first time he had overheard a group of ladies discussing his background, but this one did fascinate him. Maybe it was because of the denial this 'Rose' was showing against him.

"We'll, either way, it doesn't matter," The girl countered. "I'm very content with Royce, not to mention you both has bachelors of your own waiting at home for you."

"Royce is nearly ten years your senior, Rosalie." The first woman spoke up. "Don't you think you would be happier with someone younger? More...able?"

He could practically feel as the woman's face heated up as she sputtered out a response. Her reaction caused a low chuckle to escape him as he removed the small stub of a cigarette from between his lips. Standing from his place, the Cole boy threw the stick on the ground, squishing it beneath his boot before continuing on his way.

But not before he glanced back at the women one last time, only to see a pair of chocolate brown eyes looking at him. A small smile came to his face as he tipped his hat at the young woman, turning his back and making his way down the path.

♩♪ ♫

𝙰/𝙽 - 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 (:

𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗!