02| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝗼 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲

↳ ❝ [THE DESCENT INTO HELL ISN'T EASY] ¡! ❞

All she can hear was the sound of her breathing, her heart pounding in her chest, making it feel like her heart was in her throat. The heavy steps of her small feet crunching against the dead leaves and fallen twigs of the dead trees that surrounded her. She knew it was a mistake, but she still took the risk, she had to do it-she needed to do it. She made the mistake of looking back, she knew it was a bad idea but she couldn't help herself.

She turned her head slightly, her chocolate eyes scanning the dark forest. Her eyes crunched in confusion, nothing. Nothing was there, did she loose it? Did she out run it? She quickly turned her head, her eyes meeting it, her feet scraping to stop. Her body frozen, she made the move to run until-

Anna shot awake, sweat covering her whole body, her heart beating in her ears. She looked around her noticing she was in her room, her small moon night light creating a small light in the dark room. Her mouth felt so dry, making it feel like sandpaper was in her throat when she made the move to swallow.

Her small hand shaking, her mind drifting back to the horrid dream to the creature that now filled her mind. Her bottom lip started to tremble the more she thought about it until a small cry left her lips. She brung her knees up to her chest as her blanket made her feel more hotter.

The young lightwood brung her shaking hands to her eyes and tried to wipe the hot tears that was now flowing down like a river. She felt her breaths shorten, making her choke.

Isabelle's eyes shot towards the door, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Simon looked behind him at the door then back at Isabelle after not seeing or hearing anything.

"W-What? Do you see anything or like hear anything that I can't hear? I hope you know-"

"Shh" Isabelle put her index finger up to get her point across making Simon clam his mouth shut.

Isabelle shot up after hearing another cry, she quickly ran down the hallway to Anna's room with Simon hot on her heels. "I hope you know I don't have one of those weird tattoo things to-" Simon watched as Isabelle swung open a door that was filled with photos on the with the letter "R" on it. He figured it was the little girl's room.

Isabelle swung Anna's door open in panic her chocolate eyes scanning the white room, quickly turning on the light before her eyes landing on her sister leaning on her knees, her tiny body shaking with sobs. Isabelle felt her heart drop at the sight, Rosa rarely cried but when she did it was so heart clenching. Izzy walked into her room before sitting the bed.