1

"Corvette Corvette," I mumbled as I scrolled on tiktok

this app is starting to get addicting 💆🏽‍♀️.

Incoming facetime call from: Bestie 💘
"Hey girl!" she screamed through the phone.

"Girl why are you yelling?!" I said turning my volume down.

"I miss you bestie!" she playfully whined.

"Girl I miss you too! Imma ask my sister if she can take me over there."

"Ok well let me know what she says."

"Alright bye," and with that I hung up the phone.

I was too lazy to get up from my bed so I just decided to yell her name.

"Lani!" I yelled from my room to my sister.

"Yes!" she yelled back.

"Do you think you can take me to Kelsey's in 30 minutes?!"

"Um.. not today. I'm going over Derricks house today!"

I rolled my eyes and started to call my dad.

"Hey Dad," I said when he answered on the second ring.

"Hey Princess. What you need?"

"Do you think you can take me to Kelsey's today pleaseeee?" I tried making puppy dog eyes.

"Mani you know I have to coach basketball tonight," he groaned.

"I know, but could you just pick me up on your way there then drop me off before?" I said trying to compromise with him.

"I can pick you up and drop you off after the practice."

I rolled my eyes, "Ok that's fine."

"Ok be ready in 30. Love you!"

"Love you too." the call ended.

It was 7:00pm and he was going to be here at 7:25pm knowing him.

I stretched and got out the bed heading to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and finished up all my hygiene. I made my way back to my room and pulled out a chill outfit since I wasn't really going anywhere. I had on my red camouflage Bape jacket, some black leggings, and my AF1. I finished up packing my bag hearing the doorbell ring.

"Bye Mom and Lani; I'm heading out to Kelsey's with dad!" I yelled walking down the stairs.

"Ok Love You!" My mom yelled back.

I opened the door and started walking to my dads car hopping in the passenger seat.

"You got everything?" He said double checking for me.

"Yes." I replied putting my airpods in and sitting back.

He nodded and we made our way to his basketball practice.

————————————————————

I started to wake up as I felt the car coming to a stop in front of the school.

"You staying in the car?" My dad asked.

"No, I'll come in." Normally I would stay in the car, but that was only when Kelsey would come with us. Today she wasn't here so I was better off just going inside.

"Alright." He said nodding his head while unlocking the doors.

I made sure to have my charger and airpods and got out the car walking to the door.

Since I normally didn't come into his practices I got a lot of stares and whispers from the boys. I took a seat along the bleachers putting my airpods in and turning on Giveon.

Up in your room once again, tempted
Bad for me, it's the truth, but I can't miss this
Don't tell my friends that I'm here to visit

My music started to die down signaling that somebody was calling me. I looked at the contact seeing that it was my mom.

"Hello." I said a little irritated. I don't know if it's just me but I hate when people call me while i'm listening to music.

"Hey Mani, I thought you said you were going to Kelsey's?" she questioned looking at the background around me.

"I am, but dad had to coach basketball tonight." I told her.

"Oh Okay, you got some money?"

"Yea"

"Ok, text me when you get to Kelsey's please."

"Ok I will. Love you"

"Love you too" she said hanging up.

As I started to resume to my music I got a notification from cashapp.

• $200 sent from $Bosslady85

I smirked and kept scrolling on my phone while tuning out my surroundings.

Authors Note:
Hey! This is my first book so please no hate but I will appreciate constructive criticism!

For my first chapter I think I did pretty good!

I will have frequent update btw😘.