13

After about 15 minutes I pulled back up in front of my house

After about 15 minutes I pulled back up in front of my house. It was around 7pm now, so my dad shouldn't be home since he said he'd have a meeting today.

Kamari had been blowing up my phone ever since I left the mall.

iMessages:
Weirdo 🧟‍♂️- 10 messages
Weirdo 🧟‍♂️- 15 missed calls

I reached in the back grabbing my bags as I pulled in the driveway noticing an unfamiliar car outside.

I shrugged it off getting out the car and locking my doors. As I made it up the the front door I could hear voices from the inside.

Maybe he just parked in the garage.

I pulled out my key to unlock the door and let myself in. I kicked off my shoes and took my jacket it off placing it on the coat rack.

"I'm so hungry," I mumbled making my way to the kitchen rubbing my stomach.

"Looks like you had a great time with Kelsey today," I heard a familiar voice boom from behind me.

Shit.

I didn't even bother turning around to face him; I just stayed still facing the cabinet.

"Armani Jackson! I know you hear me! Why did you lie?" He stepped closer to me, and the hairs on my neck rose up.

Think of a lie come on.

"Um ... I was headed to Kelsey's, but I stopped at the mall before I got with her," I slowed turned around to face him and saw Kelsey sitting one of the chairs at the island.

"My bad," She mouthed and I just rolled my eyes.

"But you told me that you AND Kelsey were going to the mall," His voice started grow more frustrated.

I didn't say anything I just stood there looking at him. I mean there isn't anything I can say he already caught me.

"I'm sorry Dad," I lowered my head trying to show some innocence.

"Go to my office we are about to talk. Kelsey you may see your way out," He motioned for Kelsey to go the door and turned his body back towards me.

Before Kelsey left out she mouthed, "FaceTime me" and then continued her way out.

I made my way to his office while he stayed in the kitchen. I didn't feel like I was going to get in much trouble because it's not like he knows who I was with.

I sat in the chair in the corner and just played with my fingers till I heard his footsteps come closer.

He took a seat in his office chair turning towards me whole placing his elbow on the table and he rested his head on his hand.

"You know I'm not dumb right?" He asked me.

I just stayed quiet looking down at my fingers.

"The day you came home that day I went to your room and I saw a very familiar hoodie on your desk chair," He started to speak in a calmer tone.