twelve. patches

THE MOMENT THE FOUR ADULTS GOT HOME, CLAY HAD QUICKLY PULLED WINNIE IN THE DIRECTION OF HIS ROOM. "use protection!" sapnap shouted from the kitchen, a faint laugh heard from george. "shut up, idiot." clay chuckled as he rolled his eyes.

the dirty blonde haired boy twisted the doorknob, looking back at winnie who was just staring at him. "well?" she lifted a brow, a smile forming on the boys lips. "just... don't freak out." the boy chuckled slightly, swinging the door open.

winnie looked inside the room, her gaze immediately landing on the small cat playing with a toy on the floor. winnie's mouth flew open, she quickly looked back at the boy who was letting out a few laughs.

he watched the girl kneel down so now she was able to touch the cat. "hi, there." winnie spoke softly, scratching the cat behind her ears. "you like that, don't you?" she grinned, hearing the cat pur in response. "nobody has ever really spoken to her like that before." clay cut in, winnie turning her head to look at the boy. "well then, nobody has manners."

clay walked a few steps closer to the pair, watching the sweet interaction. he secretly wished he could take a picture of them so that he could remember the moment forever.

"is clay rude to you? do you want to come live with me instead?" winnie asked the cat who only rubbed her head against the blonde girl's hand. "i think that's a yes." the girl giggled, looking up at the boy. "what! you can't take her." clay shook his head, kneeling beside the girl to pet his cat.

"can i please take her back home with me?" winnie pouted, looking between the cat and the boy. "no," the boy shook his head. "if you want to be with patches, i guess you'll have to stay with me." he grinned, causing winnie to scoff at him before playfully rolling her eyes.

"i guess i have to, you're not too bad i guess." she joked, standing up before taking a seat on the boy's bed. "i'll definitely love it here, especially because of patches." clay chuckled at the girl's joke.

"your room looks just like how i imagined it." winnie spoke, looking around the room, spotting picture frames on shelves which kept photos of him and what she assumed was his family. "well, what do you think of it?"

"it's quite boring, i mostly thought you'd have minecraft stuff everywhere, but other than that it's identical to my imagination." she shrugged, watching the boy nod. "did you want to see my minecraft stuff? i had to clean up before you came here, i didn't want you to think i'm a five year old boy." the blonde man joked.

"there's no way you have more minecraft shit than tommy." the girl laughed to herself, earning a chuckle from clay. "you wanna bet on it?" he questioned, causing winnie to look up at him. "well, i know i'll win so why not?"

george stood outside of clay's room, listening to the laughter that was filling the room. the brunette couldn't help but smile to himself, secretly knowing that clay was able to make winnie happy.