#03 | DOMAIN

[ third person ]

---

As soon as the bell had rung to signal lunch, she was already up and out of her seat with her phone in hand. Keisuke wasn't even able to catch up with her when he spotted her walking away because of how fast her small legs were carrying her down the hall. Break had only just begun but she had finally managed to sneak away from her classmates for a moment to have a second by herself. They were feeling oddly sociable today and were constantly striking up a conversation whenever they got the chance. If things would go as planned, she'd be able to get a lunch break to herself to play games up on the roof.

As she trudged her heavy feet up the endless stairs, her [e/c] eyes fell upon the male who was perched on the top of the stairs with his gem-like eyes glued to his phone. His back was slightly hunched over—posture so bad that she almost cringed—as he focused solely on the video game to the point where he was unaware of [y/n] who stood a few steps below him.

Seeing as there was no harm in greeting a classmate of hers, she climbed the stairs and paused when she was one step away from him. "Hey, Nagi-kun," [y/n] greeted softly. The girl folded her hands behind her back, hovering over his body to peek at what he was playing. Her eyebrows raised pleasantly when she saw that he was playing the same game they had talked about a few days prior. "Wow. Playing without me, huh?"

Nagi peered up at her, pursing his lips to the side. He was strangely unbothered by the minimal distance between their faces even though he had literally pushed one of his female classmates away by the forehead when she even came within tow feet of his face. The boy shrugged. "You were busy, and I wanted to play."

His slender fingers drummed against the back of his phone as he waited for her response. He was already ready to tap on co-op mode so that they could join one another's world to play again. Was he feeling eager? I don't know.

"I was just about to play now." She answered breathily as she pulled out her phone, flashing him a cheeky smile towards the end. "I pulled Xiao last night. I'm quite proud even though literally everyone pulled him."

"I didn't." Nagi murmured, requesting to join her world as soon as she got online. "I'm not even trying to pull him."

"That's sad." She chuckled, and he suddenly felt inclined to pull Xiao the same way she did. "Actually, I was on my way to the roof to eat lunch."

"Oh," he trailed off for a second. His hands slightly faltered and his gaze lowered as if he had been rejected or something. It probably wasn't his intention to make that look but she still found it rather cute.

"Wanna come along?" [y/n] questioned, pointing at the roof door at the top of the staircase. "I brought lunch too. We can play up there."

The white haired male didn't even hesitate nor answer. Nagi stood up and followed her up the stairs to the rooftop like a small duckling. It probably wasn't the best idea to compare a six foot male like Nagi to a small duckling whereas he was more like a crane or an ostrich at that. The thought of Nagi as an ostrich made her snicker, earning her a raised eyebrow from the white haired boy who followed behind her. She opened the door and closed it behind them as soon as Nagi was out of the way. His first action was to scan the roof, looking around at how empty and cool it was. The air up here felt super good against his skin.

Tapping his shoulder, she pointed over at a small part of the roof in the shade where they couldn't be seen easily by anyone who comes onto the roof. "We're not allowed up here, so we have to sit over here." She led him over to the spot and plopped on the ground, patting the spot beside her for Nagi to take a seat in. He dusted his hands together before grabbing his phone, loading up the game to play with her. She did the same, accepting his request to join her world once again.

When he finally entered her world and was faced with Xiao, her new main, she grinned and wiggled an eyebrow in his direction. "He's sexy, right?"

Nagi didn't respond, simply making a weird face at the screen as he used Chongyun to attack her idle Xiao. [y/n] snickered and nodded, "Ah yes, thank you for agreeing."

Majority of lunch was spent on the roof with their eyes glued to their phones as they roam around Mondstadt. She would occasionally pause to eat or pass him some food that he munched on quietly. He didn't say all too much but she didn't necessarily mind it all too much. He would get talkative whenever something interesting happened though.

"I can't beat this dumb ass domain." [y/n] complained as she forced herself to leave the domain before her whole squad got wiped. Nagi glanced over her shoulder, popping some bread into his mouth. Nagi had been done playing for a while now since he decided eat lunch before break was over. Going to his next class hungry was not an option.

He leaned over, peering down at her phone and team. It wasn't necessarily a hard domain but she wasn't all that bright when it came to battles like this. If only she had listened to her brother talk about how to beat this stuff when he was talking about it last time. He swallowed the bread in his mouth, dusted his hands and raised his eyebrows expectantly. "Want help?"

The question was innocent and full of genuineness, so much that she almost immediately caved. That was until he held out his hand with an indifferent look on his face. "Give me money first."

"Ha-ha. You're so cheap." She snickered, turning her eyes back towards the screen where she was healing up for a moment before reentering the domain. Nagi's slender fingers snuck into her line of sight, gently tapping her screen to check something before she went too far into the domain.

As she began to engage in battle, his fingers would casually dance around her hands to guide her in the right direction. His advice was good, leading her towards victory faster than she would have ever thought.

"Don't use your ult yet." His thumb brushed over her finger as he waited for her to move her character. When she didn't move, he use his thumb to push her thumb forward to move her character. Hitting dash, he dashed forward and pressed attack on the opponent with a shield. In less than a minute, they managed to defeat the entire domain without even making a noise.

Letting go, he leaned against the wall and peeked over at the female who sat frozen in her spot. She felt strangely... embarrassed after all that, and the bright red blush on her face wasn't subsiding fast enough. He was so close a moment and she could practically feel his breath on her ears whenever he sharply exhaled in between attacks. [y/n] couldn't understand why her hands felt so hot now. Maybe it was because of how rough his calloused hands word against her skin. Or the way they were so warm and large compared to her smaller hand.

All she knew was that she didn't want him to see her face right now.

Standing up slowly, she gathered her belongings and laughed sheepishly. "Thank you for helping me with the domain. I'm gonna head back before the bell rings. See you around, Nagi-kun." Once out of his sight, she sped off to the rooftop door and bounded down the stairs with a sense of urgency. She was sure that he wasn't following and probably didn't even stand up yet.

Turning the corner quickly, she yelped when she ran into Keisuke who was on his way to look for her since class was about to begin. He caught her by the arm and helped her regain her balance when she nearly toppled over. "Where the hell have you been? We were supposed to study during break today."

"Ahh, I got side-tracked." She lied through her teeth, knowing damn well she just didn't want to study during her break. Keisuke didn't need to know that though. "Let's study after school. My family won't be home, so we can study in peace."

Keisuke rolled his eyes, "You're probably gonna be playing that dumb game again while I study by myself."

[y/n] shrugged with a smug smile, "You know me too well."

---

[ a/n : hey mfs i have no updated in forevers i hate myself yay lets goooooo ]

edited: may 30th, 2021