Seventeen

-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-

She fit perfectly into my arms, wrapped in a pale blue blanket, and I stared down at her perfect little face. A sense of deja vu swept over me - with a blink, it was gone. I've had this feeling multiple times now...quickly, I brushed it off as excitement and looked up excitedly when the door opened. His eyes zeroed in on the warm bundle in my arms, and a look of astonishment, love, and desperation filled his face and body as he made his way over to me.

Cautious and somewhat scared, he paused at the foot of the bed, his fingers wrapping around the wooden banister - white-knuckled. Golden eyes never left her face. They stared at her taking in every little movement. She cooed in my arms, and I glanced down at her offering a sweet smile.

"We have a daughter!" I exclaimed, looking up at Geralt. His molten eyes finally pried themselves away from our baby to look at me.

"A daughter?" he gasped, almost in shock.

"Yes, a daughter. Come here," With an outstretched hand, I beckoned for him.

Geralt hesitated for a moment before eagerly reaching for my hand. He sat on the edge of the bed, pulling my hand to his lips, planting a sweet kiss. I smiled at him, and he beamed. An actual real smile. Before, his smiles were guarded and with half emotion, but as his eyes swept over our baby girl, the smile had finally, for the first time, reached his eyes. I watched in amazement as he reached for her and took her with such a soft touch. She was secure in his large arms and protected by his broad chest. She snuggled into his soft blue top, almost aware of her father's presence. My brown eyes peered up at his face - he was looking at her, and his eyes were full of love.

"Thank you." Geralt whispered.

Smiling, I leaned forward, placing a hand on his thigh to keep steady, and place a kiss on his lips.

"For what?" I asked, slumping back onto the large fluffy pillows wedge beneath me.

"For her..."

I nodded as sleep began to fester. Now that there was only calm, I knew rest would be easy. And as my eyes fluttered shut, I heard him say:

"For loving me."

-•-•-•-