Gonna Be True

Author: illegaldimple

You can find the original work here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/20210545

Summary:

Trailing his eyes downward, it was impossible not to appreciate the body shown. Thick, toned but with a clear softness, like it was made for gripping into. Looks a lot like how he's always imagined Namjoon must be under all those loose clothes, he finds himself thinking before he can stop himself. He takes the moment to chastise himself, but ultimately accepts that yes, he is this far gone for his friend that he can't help projecting him on any new attraction.

Or, soft writer indulges in some camboy Joon.

Situation disclaimer: camboy

STORY:

Namjoon was approaching twelve minutes into a soliloquy about how society has let down various shark species. He was three tall drinks into the evening, and just tipsy enough that earlier when he'd knocked his elbow into the table he had asked for Seokjin, the tragic soul across from him, to kiss it better.

"What? You're going to be a nurse right?" He'd asked as if that was a perfectly reasonable explanation, and then he'd pouted with those beautiful lips of his and Seokjin had ascended to some other dimension.

Then, because he made questionable choices in selecting friendships, their other companions decided to chime in with encouragement that he should, in fact, kiss the elbow. Jimin, Hoseok, they didn't know what they were throwing their enthusiasm behind. But Yoongi, Jungkook? Traitors, who knew the real extent of his pressing situation most commonly referred to as a whomping crush. Only Taehyung remained in his good graces, it was decided, as he was considerate enough to remain quiet.

He turned back to Namjoon, who continued to be painfully adorable as he waited for Seokjin's response. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Jimin smirking - what was he thinking? Or plotting? Seokjin swore under his breath as he lifted himself to lean over the table then. At that point, it made more sense to just get it over it with before certain members of their audience suggests he kiss Namjoon somewhere more exciting than the elbow just for the show.

The scent of Namjoon's lotion hit his senses just before lips touch skin. Jasmine, Sandalwood. He's noticed it before, but never this closely. It's nice (like Namjoon). And then he was actually pressing a light kiss to Namjoon's elbow and it really shouldn't have made his heartrate spike as much as it did.

When he dropped back into his seat, he saw Namjoon positively beaming, running his hand over the elbow. That alone made the teasing he'll likely endure for several weeks at least worth it. Somehow, the topic from there had shifted to the beach cleanup event that Namjoon was helping organize and somehow, Seokjin was the only one who agreed he would go (not just because Namjoon was smiling at him like that again, could he not have dimple related motivations and care about the environment at the same time?).

Then Hoseok was asking Jungkook about his upcoming photography exhibition and thankfully the balance of attention tipped to the other end of the table for the rest of their evening out. It may have been in his head, but he thought he could still feel a trace of Jasmine on his lips as they walked out the doors of the bar and fresh air hit.

Several others parted then, living in the opposite direction, until it was just him, Jimin, Taehyung and Namjoon. Jimin still had that look in his eye, so Seokjin was wary as the four of them walked, steps appropriately uncoordinated for their level of drink. When he let himself fall back a bit, Namjoon did the same, bumping arms lightly. Jimin's place was only a few blocks from the bar, so as they approached he turned around to regard the two of them.