Hopeless

Author: bdxjimin
(oh my gosh, this author is so good!!)

You can find the original work here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/26375866

Summary:

Even if it was a light song message, no emotions necessarily attached, Namjoon always had a little smile grow on his face when he saw a notification from Seokjin on his phone. The contact name of WWH Seokjinnie-hyung~ -which in Namjoon’s defense, was put in there by Seokjin himself- never failed to make his chest feel warm.

It was definitely the gratefulness of a good friendship and not the big, debilitating crush Namjoon had on Seokjin that made him so happy. That’d be insane.

Or

Bangtan has an inside thing where they'll send each other songs when they want to express emotions to each other. Seokjin's been sending him really weird ones lately, but regardless Namjoon decides to send him a song of his to confess Seokjin how he likes him as more than a hyung.

As things normally happen to Namjoon, it does not go according to plan.

Situation disclaimer: top Jin / bottom Joon

Side-ship: Jikook

STORY:

Back when Bangtan Sonyeondan was still in its infancy, it wasn’t uncommon for Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok to share songs with each other, bouncing around inspiration for future group projects. More times than Namjoon could count, he woke up to three or four different songs sent to him from Yoongi in the late hours of the night, no words included, just the links. Hoseok preferred to sprinkle them to him throughout the day as he thought of them (along with a string of emojis each time).

And as the other members became more comfortable in the group, they began to send their own songs in the group chat, whether it was to the producers of the group for suggestions or just to other members to show what they liked at the time.

It evolved from there.

Namjoon wasn’t sure when it came to be that the songs they were sharing started to have meanings. Sure, they still shared songs with each other for professional reasons, but it turned into a way for them to express emotions to each other as well.

Maybe it started when Hoseok was in the group chat a few days before a showcase texting about how nervous he was for the group with the intense choreography. He was met with an array of messages from the other members.

TaeTae: Don’t worry, hyung!
Kookoo: We got this!!!

Hoseok didn’t muster up much of a response to that, sending only a single thumbs up emoji.

The chat was quiet for a few moments before Yoongi sent a message of his own.

Yoongles: [Audio Attachment - “Don’t Worry” by Lee Juck]

Namjoon smiled at Yoongi’s simple form of consolation as he read the notification. The two rappers knew that whenever Hoseok was truly worried about something, it was easy for the man to get into his own head. Music seemed to be the only thing able to help him let loose.

A few minutes passed without a reply, before Hoseok replied.

Hoseokie: Thank you, hyung :)))