Return to Sender

Tubbo POV

I sat there silently. Unrequited hate? I've heard of unrequited love, but hate? Sure, Tommy could be a pain to be around sometimes, but once the cameras left, so did that annoying online persona. Tommy loved to joke around with his friends, and if a joke ever hit too hard, he'd apologize about a hundred different times just to make sure he never really hurt anybody. He never admitted it, but he could be very caring and supportive at times. Who could ever hate him for that?

I made my way up the stairs, leaving the rest of the group to sit and think. I quietly opened the door to me and Tommy's room, twisting the knob before I closed it behind me in an attempt to shut it silently. It obviously failed, seeing as it woke Tommy up. "Tubbo? What happened?" I heard Tommy question tiredly. I turned in a swift motion, immediately rushing to Tommy's side.

"Tommy! Why didn't you tell us what was happening?" I asked worriedly. "O-Oh, I didnt think it was that seriou-" I smacked him across the face, "Not that serious?!"

"Tommy, you could DIE!"

Tommy POV

Die..? "W-What..? No no, it cant be that bad." I put my palm against my cheek. Man, this boy was small, but could really pack a punch if he tried. "What do you mean 'it can't be that bad' TOMMY I COULD LOSE YOU FOREVER!" Tubbo shouted, he was already in tears at the thought of losing me, and I couldn't lose him either, my best friend. "Okay, okay, so its that serious. What can we do to stop it..?" I questioned softly in order to not worry Tubbo more. "W-Well, Phil said you have Kuroi hana, a disease caused by unrequited hate. Kind of like hanahaki, you could say." Tubbo explained to me.

I pulled him into a hug, he sobbed into my shoulder. Who could hate me..? I knew I could be annoying at times, but I didnt think someone could hate me for it. It was all jokes, and everyone understood that.. Right? Apparently not.

"Shh.. It's okay, Tubbo. We'll find them, I'll be okay."

"How do you know that for sure..?"

I didn't. I really didn't. I was scared, I didn't want to die like this.. I want to be there for people, to help them, to make them smile. And laugh. I wanted to laugh with them. This stupid disease would never let me do that.. I couldn't let this dumb sickness stop me from living my god damn life.

"We'll find them, it's gonna be alright Tubbo"

After some minutes of reassurance, Tubbo had -for the most part- calmed down. He still had a few tear streaks stained on his face, but we were laughing and joking around, mostly. We had gone downstairs to find everyone else discussing something quietly. We decided not to bother them. We entered the kitchen to make some food, as neither of us had eaten the entire day.

We decided on just ordering Chipotle, since we were too lazy to really cook something. As we waited for our food to arrive, we had joined the 'grown ups' conversation.

"So.. how long do I have, Phil?" I asked cautiously. "That cant be determined right now, but at this rate you have.. a few weeks left at most." Phil answered, leaning back. I sighed loudly as I looked at Tubbo, who was already on the verge of tears. After some more comforting an assurance, we were back to normal conversations, laughing and teasing eachother.

I'd miss these times. I knew I probably wasn't going to make it, since I'm an influencer and all that, it could be anyone. There was no way we would be able to find them. We were talking about Dream SMP lore when the doorbell rang. "Food's here!" I shouted, heading to the door. I thanked the delivery man and placed the food on the counter (YALL TOMMYS GONNA TRY TAKKOS FOR THE FIRST TIME)

I opened up the bag to find 3 tacos, I grabbed them and unwrapped it. "Ooo Tommy's finally trying tacos?" I hear Dream tease. I laughed sarcastically, picking up the taco and inspecting it. "What are you doing..? It's literally just a taco, you're looking at it like its a toxic chemical or something." . "Well I've never tried a taco before, what do you expect?" I commented, glaring at Dream

"Eat the damn taco or I'll shove it down your throat." I hear Techno threaten. It was quite obviously a joke, but the tone still scared me so I hesitantly took a bite. "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GOOD" I yelled, probably startling Tubbo who had jumped and accidentally dropped his Burrito on the floor.

"God, you scared me! You owe me one of those tacos!" Tubbo demanded, trying to grab one of my tacos "No!" I said, with food still in my mouth. "Yes! Gimme it!" Tubbo shouted. I took the rest of the wrapped up tacos and began sprinting. "Hey! You get back here!" Tubbo yelled, starting to chase after me. We ran all over the house, starting our second lap around. "You both get over here!" Philza shouts.

We reluctantly return to the kitchen and sit across from eachother. "Now Tommy, you made Tubbo drop his food so now you have to share yours." I groaned in annoyance as I unwrapped the rest of the tacos and gave Tubbo one before grabbing my own and continuing to eat it. I had been eating my taco when I remembered we also ordered chips and guacamole.

Me and Tubbo turned to look at Dream and Techno munching on OUR chips. We shared a gaze and looked back at the two, who by know had realized what was happening next. They started running, me and Tubbo following. We were gaining on them when we tackled them both to the ground.

By now we had burst into laughter, cackling on the carpeted floor. It lasted for what felt like hours, but we soon calmed ourselves and now we were lying next to eachother on the ground "I'm gonna miss you guys, you know?" I admitted, sighing heavily "Don't talk like that Tommy, we're going to figure this out." I hear Tubbo say "Just like you said, right?"

"Right, Tubbo.."

I knew that was probably a lie. But if I was gonna die, I'd live these last few weeks to the fullest.

"Live every day like it's your last" they say.

_____________________________________

AYYYYYYYYYYYYY IM BACK!!! I hope you didn't miss me too much ;)

I'm sorry my break was so long, i did not have the motivation.

Thank you for being so incredibly patient with me everyone! I love you all so much!

Sincerely, Dylan <3

( 1142 Words)