♡ Part 5 ♡

''And that is P3 for Lando Norris in the third free practice. Great job from the young McLaren driver. P2 for Esteban Ocon, really well done, that was an impressive drive. P1 for Lewis Hamilton with a fastest lap of 1: 43.255. Let's see what will happen later in the day in qualifying. Q1 starts at 3am. Now-" The male voice shouted through the speakers after the last minutes of the third free practice. I was so proud of Lando, P3 with a great time; 1:43,641. I smiled like an idiot and grabbed my phone to send him a message.

Olivia: Great job, you drove so well today!

First I also wrote "I'm proud of you" but I thought that would be a little too much. Steve was so happy because of the P3 and annoyed Charlie and Isabelle. "You had a discussion about Charles and Max, but... Where are they? You have forgotten Lando, this man is talented, extremely fast and...""A nice guy." I said. ''Indeed! Thanks for your understanding Olivia." Steve said and he hugged me. I froze in his arms, I hated to be touched and I wanted him to let go of me. After just a few seconds he let go of me, but it felt like a long time. I rocked my hair back into shape and felt like a freaking bitch when I did that. I quickly grabbed an elastic from my wrist and tied my hair in a messy bun.

A short time later the feature race of the F2 started. I loved it to watch it with the four of us. During the race we started to eat our lunch. It was fun to see all the other people looking at us. We had kind of a picnic with thanks to the plaid, the cooling box and all the food and drinks we had brought with us. There happened a few interesting things during the race, which was 25 laps long. Yuki Tsunoda took the lead in the first lap with Matsushita and Mazepin behind him. Schumacher overtook Matsushita in lap 4 in the bus stop. There already was a crash in the fourth lap between Nobuhara Matsushita and Felipa Drugovich. The right rear band from Matsushita and Drugovich his frontwing hitted. Drugovich was able to drive through, but Matsushita crashed into the wall and had to retire from the race. Tsunoda was still leading the race, but he had a bad pit stop on lap 11. With thanks to that Quanyu Zhou took over the lead and Tsunoda ended up P9. Later in the race, lap 19 everyone stood up and started to clap. This was because of the crash of Anthoine Hubert last year. All the team members from all the teams in the pitlane stood outside and were giving applause. When we saw a shot of Juan Manuel Correa, who crashed together with Anthoine, sitting in the pitlane I couldn't take it anymore. I felt a tear flowing down my cheek. I didn't take the trouble to wipe it away. Everyone on the hill, just like us, were standing up too. Also all the other fans who were at the circuit and on the tribune we could see from our place were standing. Everyone kept clapping the whole nineteenth lap and there was no one who sat down before lap 20 started. When we sat down again I saw that Isabelle cried too. I took her hand and she came closer to me. She laid down her head on my shoulder and even Charlie and Steve were silent. It looked like everyone was attacked by this moment. I was pretty sure that we all thought about what happened last year and I probably wasn't the only one who couldn't remove the images from the accident out of my mind.We were all shaken out of our minds when Yuki Tusnoda tried to overtake Nikita Mazepin in Les Combes on lap 20. He tried to go through the inside but went over the curb. He went after Mazepin safely. Three laps later, Nissany tried the same on Ghiotte, but managed to pass him. Which gave him P8 and Ghiotte went back to P9. Yuki tried to overtake Nikita again on lap 24 of the race. He did the same as in lap 20 and again failed to make it. Mazepin crossed the line first with Tsunoda and Schumacher behind him. We were a little disappointed with Mazepin's victory, but then a message came on the screen from the FIA. Mazepin has been given a 5-second time penalty for pushing Tsunoda off the track. Tsunoda finished between 5 seconds from Mazepin, so he won the grand prize. Charlie, who likes Yuki Tsunoda a lot, was so happy and started screaming a bit. Steve and I were happy too and he shouted 'Yeahhh Boyyy' while trying to imitate Lando. I slowly shook my head and started to laugh at him. It doesn't sound like Lando, but of course he doesn't know how I can be so sure. I wanted to tell him that he needs a little practice when I noticed Isabelle fell asleep on my lap. ''Guys, be quieter, she's sleeping." I said to them, pointing to Isabelle. "Well it's okay to be quieter but look around it's really, really noisy here. Really believe me, if she sleeps she will sleep through everything." Steve said laughing. "If you say so." I answered and I looked at Isabelle in amazement. He was right so far, it was chaos, very loud, it was full of people and you could still hear a few motorbikes, but she was still sleeping. I decided not to worry about it and if she wakes up, it doesn't matter, we're not here to sleep. Our attention went back to the big screen when the drivers arrived in the pit lane. Yuki jumped out of his car and wanted to go to his team when Nikita arrived too. He drove to the P2 sign and almost hit Yuki with it. I never liked Nikita, but seriously? This was so low and crazy of him. Tsunoda was able to stop in time so that he was not hit by the board. After going to his team he walked over to Juan Manuel Correa who was also in the pit lane and they gave each other a box. In my view, this really showed how likeable Tsunoda is.