Party On The Dance Floor

Tori

A couple of hours later, I had everything in place on my part of the dorm. The posters, my books, clothes, toiletries, bedding, and new binders for school. Everything finally started to feel real after my room was set up. Bits and pieces from my bedroom at home were now at my new one. And it felt great to call this place home.

My side of the dorm compared to Kiara's was pretty neutral and tame, though. Hers was packed with all kinds of things. Like a dresser, (Which she let me use.) A long, cream rug. An Italian Hemstitch Organic Comforter Set topping a smooth Hastens Vividus bed. And a lush closet personally installed that contained practically a hundred gorgeous outfits and shoes. The entire dorm together looked nice and said something about me on the right side and Kiara on the left side. It was beautiful and expressive at the same time.

I decided to take a nap after all the moving and adjustments. Kiara went out to meet someone. But she didn't specify who exactly. I fell into a slumber quickly and had a dreamless, yet restful sleep....

My phone rang loudly out of nowhere, waking me up instantly. I rubbed my eyes, a bit agitated, and picked it up to see who was calling.

I swear if this is another telemarketer...

I put the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Tori! It's so good to hear your voice!" It was my mother.

"Mom! Oh, right, you said you'd call later..." I stifled a yawn. "It's good to hear from you, too."

"I'm glad." I could hear the smile in her voice. "So...how's the move? Have you settled in? What's West Brook like? Do you have a dormmate? Do you need anything--"

"Woah, woah...Mom, one question at a time." I said. "I just got up from a nap."

"Oh, I'm sorry, dearest. I just miss you." She said gingerly. "And I guess I'm just so excited to hear about how you're doing at college. This is as much as a change for me as it is for you."

"It's fine," I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. "And I know it is."

"So...?" Mom asked.

"West Brook is the most amazing place I've ever been. It's so new, fresh, and luxurious. You can tell there's a lot of history here." I started.

"Uh-huh..."

"We got here at 12. They gave introductory speeches and we took our dorm info. They are separated by age and gender. James got a dormmate named Christian King and mine is Kiara...well, I haven't gotten her surname yet." I continued.

"Okay..." I could hear Mom eating what I assume is celery on the other end.

"And I finished unpacking at 3...and the dorm looks really cool. They're weirdly large. But, then again, I did say that the place was luxurious..." I noticed the doorknob turn. Kiara walked in. I furrowed my eyebrows when I realized she looked bothered about something. "That's just to make a long story short."

"Sounds like you have quite the place there! Make sure you have fun. And study." She emphasized. "If your grades fall an inch, you're coming home."

"It won't, Mom. Don't worry." I assured her. Kiara sat on her bed, I could tell she was thinking about something important. The crinkles in her perfect forehead proved that. "I should go...I have a...seminar later."

"Seminar? It's 8:30. What, is it off campus?" Mom pressed.

"Uh, yeah...at Central Park. Looked interesting. Goodbye, Mom. Love you." I hung up in a rush.