2.

3years later....

Camera were flashing as I got out of van to enter the Big hit building.

Fortunately taking pictures is all they can do as the entrance to the building was heavily guarded.
"Jeongyeonshi is it true that TWICE will be having a reunion " ,shouted the reporters.

"Why are you gathering at Big Hit and not JYP?"

Oh by their questions it seems the girls are already here.
"Jeongyeon come",said manager unnie as she lead me inside the building.
As soon as I enter I took off the mask and sunglasses .
A guy in came running towards me "Jeongyeonshi please come this way ", he said as he lead me to what seems to be a conference hall.
The man opened the door for me and I entered the room.
Everyone turned and looked at me Hello everyone I said
"Oh you are here Jeongyeonshi come sit" said PDnim.
"Here Jeongyeonna ", Jihyo pointed to the sofa were she was seating.
I went there and sat down.

"Since all of you are here let's start the meeting shall we?"
Yes All of us answered
The meeting was about our reunion.

Seeing all of us the girls , me PDnim, composer ahjussi made me realize that we really are going to have comeback and make me think back to the time when we decided to halt our activities.

FLASHBACK...

It has been a month since my accident at GDA 2019. I fell atop the camera and lighting equipments from a five meter high stage. I fell in bad angle so My legs and spine was seriously injured and I was in coma for the whole month. My mom told me that my girls came every day to see me while i was unconscious.I just woke up a week ago and everyone I know has been visiting , so me and my girls haven't had any alone time plus I've procastnating on telling the girls about my condition. I made sure that no one tell them about it. I wanted to be the one to tell them about it.
Today I told my sister to inform people that I'm not taking any visitors today because I wanted to be alone with my girls.But they had prior arrangements that's why they are here in my room at 3pm in the evening.

"Girls the doctor told me that I won't be walking anytime soon...",silence filled the room.
"....so girls I think I should withdraw from the team".
"Bullshit ".
Complains filled the room.
"What are you saying unnie?"

"I can't believe you said that Jeongyeonna!"

I kept quiet I let them express all the thought they want.

"Everyone ", I could hear Mina's quiet voice seep through. But no one heard her they kept on speaking their mind. Only I heard her coz I've been paying attention to all of them , knowing that this scene right here will unfold when I tell them my decision. I listened to each and every one of their protest so that I could give proper answer to all of them.
I was about to tell my girls about Mina when
"Thump!!!!" Mina hit the table with her bag. The loud sound brought everyone attention to Mina.
"What happened Mina ?"

"I've something to say but You weren't listening to me  so I had no choice".

Everyone was shocked by Mina's action. She was such a  sweet girl that no one expected her to do that even I was shocked. I was about to tell them about Mina but she beat me to it. I'm happy that she can grab everyone's attention to her like that, I was worried that her words and thoughts will be lost admist everyone's shout.

Everyone quietened down
"What is it Mina what did you want to say?" Asked Jihyo.
She looked at me then at everyone
"We should listen to Jeongyeon first . Without listening to her reason for why she said that we don't have the right to say anything to her. She fell from a five meter high stage and has been unconscious for a month.... We've have to listened to her first" said Mina.
"Mina's right", Jihyo murmured making eye contact with rest of the girls.
Mina took my hand
"Does it hurt a lot Jeongyeonna ? Is that why you want to quit?"
Everyone looked  at me with worried eyes. " Of course it hurt it hurts lot but this isn't the reason for my decision. "
"Then what is it , Jeongyeonah" asked Momo.
"The doctor said...."
It was getting hard to get the words out I was chocked with all sorts of emotions sadness regrets that I would no longer be able to perform with the girls that I would no longer be part of twice. My eyes were brimming with tears but I continued this needs to be said.
"....The doctor said that my spine was badly injured very badly injured...."
I said while trying to hold back my tears
"He said that due to injury to the spine my lower body is now.....paralysed ".
I heard the sharp intake of breath I don't know whose it was but it was not just one person that's for sure. I couldn't meet the girls eyes but I know all the girls are looking at me because I could feel their eyes on me. I kept on staring at my interlocked hand I didn't know what more to say.
Mina squeezed my interlocked hand I felt another hand on my shoulder
"Jeongyeonna "called  Nayeon with a deep voice. She has been quiet the entire time so I wanted to see her face . I looked up and saw her then I  couldn't stop myself from looking at everyone . I made eye contact with everyone one by one the tears I was trying so hard hold back dripped down my face
"Girls I can't walk", I said. when I said that reality finally hit me and I started brawling my eyes out.
Tzuyu Chaeyoung Sana were brawling like me , Dahyun ,Mina , Momo had a I can't believe it expression on their face
Nayeon and Jihyo hugged me tight
"Othoke Jeongyeonah othoke".
I didn't see their face but their bodies were quaking from sobbing.
All of us stayed like this for awhile lost in our own thoughts.

Afterawhile when our emotions were a little stable the girls sat down around me . Eveyone had a forlorn face
"Girls "i called out to get their eyes on me
"Don't worry too much the doctor said I can walk again "

"Really" everyone's expression lightened up .
I smiled" Really but he said it might take around six months and maybe even a year or two". Their mood plummeted again.
"You see that's why I want to withdraw from the group".
Everyone was quiet. I understand. what would be the right word to say in this situation... nothing.
"Thank God"said  Jihyo with a relieved smiled " I was so devastated that you won't be able to walk but I'm glad that although it would take a long time you can still walk again". Everyone mirrored Jihyo's words.
"You can still walk that is all that matters", Nayeon added.
I nodded "  Yes , I'm also grateful that I might still be able to walk".
I continued " So I called PDnim and told him that I want to talk to him . He said that he'll be coming to visit me tomorrow I plan on telling him about my decision ".
"Jeongyeonna... "
"Unnie...."
They wanted to say something but for some reason they didn't say anything more and so once again, the silence ensued.
The door opened then and the nurse came in
"visiting time is over . Everyone except the guardian please leave".
"Can't we stay for a few minutes more" asked Dahyun.
"It already way past visiting hour "said the nurse but seeing the unwilling expression of the girls "Plus she just woke up and needs a  lot of rest "the nurse added.
Maybe because I was so engrossed in telling the girl about my condition I didn't feel anything earlier but as soon as I heard what the nurse said I suddenly felt very weak and exhausted.

"Girls I feel tired", i told them.
"Okay I will come by tomorrow"
*Um bye bye".
"Wait who will be staying with you", asked Nayeon
"My Appa, he went out for while went you all said you'd be coming".
"Oh then We'll get going".
"Okay" I said . They left the VIP suit one by one.
"Unnie I would like to lie down".
She adjusted my bed and help me  lie down . I guess I was more tired then I assumed because I fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes. I felt a hand on my head I guess Appa is back I then dozzed off again.

             ................................................

Glossary:

Othoke - What to do
Appa - Dad
Ahjussi - Mister/ Uncle
PDnim - Producer nim( respectful tone)