Where is she?!

CHAPTER 4

        I ran back to the forest. I looked around, and Chloe was gone! "Where is she?!" I whispered to myself. All that was left of her was a little bit of soft, black fur on the ground, and blood. She's dead. I thought. It's my fault. I left her. I left her to die. Tears rushed down my face as I fell to the ground. She's gone.

        I heard laughter and giggles from a tree above. I looked up. "You have got to be kidding me!" I called out. It was Chloe. Sitting in the tree. "I can't belive you tricked me like that! It's not funny! I thought you died!" I started giggling a little bit as I said that. I was just glad that she was okay. "Ha ha, that was hilarious! Especially that dramatic fall to the ground! Ha ha ha!!!" She laughed. I was a bit mad at her for making me think that she was gone, but at least she was alright. "But, I thought I saw blood and scratches all over you!" I called out to her. She jumped from the tree branch and landed in front of me. "Well, what do you expect! I fought wolves!" She said. "And, then what happened?" I asked. "Then, I scared them off. Except for one. I ate that one." I was so shocked when she said that. How can a cat eat a wolf! "That's why I moaned a bit when you tried to pick me up because I was so full. And, a bit hurt. I have a broken paw by the way." She said. "Are you alright? I have a towel that we can wrap around it." I suggested. I carefully wrapped the towel around her leg. It was bleeding a bit. "Thanks" Chloe said. Then I picked her up, and we headed home for a rest. As we walked out of the forest, I looked back and saw a wolf watching us. Good-bye stupid wolf. I thought to myself.