A Dream

CHAPTER 5

        I rubbed my eyes, and sat up in my bed. I scratched my head, looking around. "Chloe?" I whispered. Where did she go? I wondered.  I got up, and looked around my room. I didn't see any signs of her. Not even a fluff of fur. I looked all around the house. She wasn't anywhere. I opened the front door and checked outside. It was cold and raining.

        I sat all day, staring out the window. And then I relized. It was all just a dream. There's no such thing as talking, black cats! And they can't eat a wolf. None of that happened! I never met a cat named Chloe! Or... did I? I was so confused. 

        I thought that maybe this was a sign that I needed a cat. I went to a house with a lady that had kittens. I looked at all of them. They were all black, with white tummys. They were Tuxedo cats. Except for one... It was black with orange spots on it's fur. And one orange spot around it's left eye. And it was a girl. Interesting I thought. She looked exactly like the cat in my dreams. I picked her up, and took her home. 

        I decided to name her Chloe. Because, she looked like Chloe from my dream. But, this Chloe was a tiny little kitten. I showed her around the house and then we sat in my room. Chloe crawled on my lap, and purred happily. I looked into her eyes, and she looked into mine. I wish she could talk, too. I whispered to myself. The cat crawled up onto my shoulder. It was like she was hugging me! She sniffed my ear. "Good Luck" She whispered to me.