Chapter 1: Sweet Stranger

"Noona I'm cold" Jihoo's soft voice woke me up.
I rubbed my eyes and sat up feeling as the ferry boat went over a bump.
I looked over at Jihoo, whose teeth were chattering as he tried to zip up his jacket for warmth. I took off my jacket and put it over him tucking him in like I always did.
"There now go to sleep when you wake up will be in Seoul" I said planting a kiss on his forehead, he nodded snuggling up against me before resting his head on my lap.
I ran my hands through his silky black hair as I did I thought about Seoul.
We had been raised in Jeju Island all of our lives only hearing distant fairy tales of Seoul and what an amazing city it was.
I was planning to find a job there and get money to get an apartment, I had no idea how I was going to do this all after all I'm just seventeen.
But where there is a will there is a way that's what omma used to say all the time.
I miss her.
She was in my fifteen years of life she had took care of me and gave me love a mother could only give.
She was there to see my first crawl, my first steps but now she will never get to learn about my first kiss or my first heartbreak.
I shouldn't pity myself more than Jihoo he was only six when omma died. He hadn't known what death was until we attended omma's funeral
I had to raise Jihoo since he was six I made sure even though we lived such a sad life that he was happy. After all my brother is all I have left.
Some nights I wouldn't eat at all if I had food I would give to him.
I remember one time Jihoo had fell off a swing set at the park. He broke his leg and I had no money for a cab that I carried him across town to the hospital.
I was tired by the time we entered te emergency room my legs trembling from such the long walk, but I would sacrifice myself for my brother.
He deserved it losing his mother at such a young age and having no father to take care for him. All he had was me, his noona.
Suddenly my body lurched forward as the boat stopped it's engine turning off slowly.
"Welcome to Seoul City all passengers exit to the left please, Enjoy your visit" The boat assistant said ushering us to the boat dock.
"Jihoo..wake up were here" I lightly shook Jihoo until his small yes fluttered open.
I got up taking Jihoo with me his small hand holding onto mine tightly as we made our way out the boat and onto the dock, the city breeze feeling warm against our cheeks.
Our eyes looked up at the skyline in amazement.
"Noona it's so pretty" Jihoo whispered pointing up at the tall buildings glimmering against the sun.
"Yes, yes it is" I smiled.
We walked away from the dock as we headed to explore the city. I felt like a foreigner on the it's streets everyone was dressed so nice.
"Look food!" Jihoo let go off my hand running towards a food cart, my pulse quickened as I ran after him.
I bumped into people on the busy sidewalk.
"Jihoo!" I yelled as the back of his dark hair suddenly was nowhere in sight.
My heart clenched and I began to panic until I saw him standing by the food cart. He was smiling up at an older women who looked to be in her early fourties.
She was giving him some kimchi.
"Jihoo!" Relief filled me and I ran scooping him up in my arms.
"Don't do that ever again you got noona scared" I said to him as he chewed on the kimchi he hadn't eaten breakfast.
"I'm sorry noona but I was hungry and this nice lady gave me food" Jihoo pointed to the lady who was still standing there.
She was a beautiful ahjumma she seemed to be very wealthy.
" I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause any trouble.. your brother seemed hungry that's all" The lady smiled eyeing me from my broken shoes up to my ruffled hair that I didn't get to comb.
She frowned in pity.
"Where are you two children heading?" She asked.
"To visit my halmeoni" I lied pulling Jihoo closer.
" If you want I can take you to your halmeoni's" I tensed as my lie was now backfiring.
"No thank you-"The lady cut me off.
"You look like a decent young lady to be lying I know your not going to your grandmothers and I would like to take you to my house to get you and your brother washed up. It makes me feel bad to see two kids on the street like this" I looked at the women for a moment taking in what she had just said.
"I-I can't" I hesitated before speaking.
Jihoo frowned " Can we please go with the nice lady noona" He pleaded squeezing me tightly.
The women smiled at Jihoo then at me.
Then I made up my mind.
"Fine".

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/N: I'm sorry Taehyung hasn't entered the story yet I just don't want to rush into things. But the nice lady is actually Taehyungs mother and next chapter were forwarding one month later.