Chapter 5

I stay quiet, the occasional screams and loud banging of people struggling to escape the clasps of their guards, would swarm around the air. Walking down the narrow hallway trying to gather my thoughts from the recent events, my eyes are more open to the world. Now I feel more observant, the treatment of the patients weren't tolerable. Clothing raggedy to harsh punishments, little to no food and sitting around in their own feces. Barely any help for each delicate human mind, surely if you're stuck here desperately hoping to get some sort of grasp back on your sanity. But then you realize the longer you stay the faster it slips away.

The constant fear in the eyes of patients when their guards drag them to a room, the interior of this place matches nothing with the outside, the hallways were decent yes, but the more you walk through the hallways the odd smell of sanitizers turn into a thick stench of fear and desperation. Along with the screams and hollers for the freedom every human wishes to have. Just the thought of being able to smell the fresh cool air causes my heart to churn in sorrow. How much my body yearns to be free again.

"We're here" He mutters, I sigh and wait for him to open the big steel door. With a nauseating sound of the the large door opening, revealing the room flowing with screeching people, people talking amongst each other or themselves and guards lined up against the dull gray walls.

He nudged me into a direction where people were standing in line. Seeing the nasty slop dripping from the ladle onto the styrofoam almost made me want to hurl on the spot. I chose to shrug off his nudging and urges to get me to eat and find an empty table. I mindlessly tap against the table and started humming a familiar tune. I close my eyes hoping this was all a nightmare and I'm still in my bed with my TV flashing dumb unnecessary commercials. I pretend as though I'm in a cafe, the loud murmurs of patients were just pedestrians and costumers in line to get a simple muffin and a coffee. The guards are just workers itching for their lunch breaks. But no, I'm stuck here, trapped in my own thoughts. Fearing for the worst, not that I wouldn't see the sunlight or my family, I'm scared that I would soon fall and drown into my own world of insanity.

I let out a huff, letting my surrounding sink in, I might as well get used to this.

"um- h-ello" A delicate whisper comes from my side, my body tenses when her hand touches my shoulder.

"Yes?" I turn my head to see the same frizzy hair women that was not too long ago screaming in the halls. But this time I actually got to get a good look at her, she looks like she's in her mid-forties, her brown eyes had specs of emerald green near the iris as it was all molded around a smoky gre-

"C-can I sit next to you." I noticed her firm grip on her tray started to tighten, as her eyes slightly widened, I couldn't form any words at this moment.

"Please" she whispers, desperation leaking from her pores. I nod she scurries quickly to the chair in front of me and gently rests her tray on the table. Silence was now evident between us once more. I just sit here and watch, the way she is shaking in her chair, her heavy breathing and the fiddles of her fingers shows she is either really nervous about something or her anxiety levels are higher than the average person. She looks at me and tilts her head, as though she's trying to figure me out the same way I'm trying to with her, I run my hand through my messy curls and bring my gaze back to the table.

"What's your name?" She asks me after suffering a long time of awkward silence.

"Harry, Yours?" I'm too drained to look up at her.

"M-my na-name?" now I look at her, her face scrunches up in pure concentration as though she is trying to figure out a series of hard math problems.

"Do you not remember?" I ask diverting all my attention to her, she bows her head in shame as odd sniffles came from her. This put me in an odd position; I'm not the best when it comes to comforting people, especially when I'm in my own little situations. She looks up, her eyes were starting to swell up and then fear glazed over her already wet eyes.

"'What's wro-" I was interrupted when I felt someone yanked me up by the back of my shirt and by instinct I elbow them in the gut earning a loud grunt from behind me. I look up to see a man slightly taller than me, his jet black hair had an odd greasy shine to it as though it hasn't been clean in days. "Get off of me" I growl pushing myself out a his grimy fingers to grab ahold of my sore neck. I turn my attention to her to see tears streaming down her face, why is she crying? I slowly walked closer to her, but she cowards away and a strain on the back of my shirt came back and I was slammed to the floor with a thud. Pain rippled through my back, as a stained grunt escaped my lips.

"Fuck" I whisper trying to get back up, but for the man to slam my head back into the ground.

"Where do you think you're going?" He snarls before sending a fist to my face, I could feel my right cheek swelling, instead of using my hands to block my face or aid my aching cheek I use them to help me push my body up. My breathing become erratic and charge into the man causing him to trip on his feet. I took this chance to swing a punch to his jaw, I ignore the stings coming from my fist and continue to punch him. I climb on top of him to send more punches to his face. All of my anger, confusion and agony for only being in this place for only about two days are releasing itself onto this man.

"How do you like this now huh!?" I stand up and start to kick him, his bloody body slowly started to curl into a ball.

"You think you can just come up to me and fight?!" I punch him once again

"Who the f.uck do you think you are" And by this point I felt someone grab my arm, without looking I send a punch to this other unknown persons face. A guard, I know I should stop but I can't control it, my mind is fuzzy and my vision seems like all the dull colors around me turned into a crimson red. I slam my fist into the guards face, sending rushes of adrenaline through my veins, my violent state brought handfuls of guards and doctors holding syringes to come my way

"LEAVE ME ALONE"

I kneed one doctor in the ribs and another in the gut sending his body to fall forward. I felt a pinch to my neck, a needle was injecting the horrid liquid, I push my numb body forward releasing the needle from my neck. I trip over my own foot and try to hold onto a chair, but it seemed sharper digging a cut from the fold of my elbow to the end of my wrist. Blood spewing from my wrist and down I went. I start screaming, not because of the agony my body was in but freaking out by the drowsiness and the bloody over my hands.

The room fell silent and the sound of shoes clicking approached my squirming body. Black spots started to cloud my vision, "We need to help him" My guard grabs a hold of my limp wrist

"No, leave him to bleed, he must bleed out his sins" The stern feminine voice sounded distant

"But sister" he urges, my mouth felt dry, my muscles were loose I lay there paralyzed letting the injection take over my body while watching my puddle of blood stain my uniform.

-----