10- repayment

ep. ten
════════════════

"Achoo!"

You sneeze loudly before snuggling your body into the flimsy blanket covering your body.

It has been a few days since the incident, and no one except Seonghwa has talked to you since then. You are currently in the sickbay once more, recovering from hypothermia, as you try to regain the body temperature that you lost from swimming in the ocean that night. The surgeon was quick to his feet when you fell unconscious after saving the combatant and had brought you here again to tend you. He stayed by your side, continuously thanking you for saving his crew member, and you could only muster the strength to flash him a weak smile. Occasionally, Yunho and San would drop by to say hello before earning a scolding from the surgeon.

As of now, the pirate has left you by yourself to check on Yeosang, who is recovering in his own quarter since the captain does not want the two of you to be near each other until everything has been cleared up. The blond male had told you that he would send you someone to keep you company, yet no one has showed up in the past ten minutes.

Your teeth chatter and your body shivers more to generate warmth, but it is not enough for you. The blanket wrapped around your petite figure does not help either, as it is doing a horrible job at encasing your warmth. You can barely keep conscious, and all you can do is pray for a miracle to occur right at this moment.

Maybe Seonghwa lied to you, you think to yourself. Maybe this is revenge for putting Yeosang into danger.

Fortunately, someone does enters the room and a loud sigh leaves their lips when they step into the area. Although you have no strength to look at the person, a small plea leaves your lips.

"P-please... help m-me."

You hug yourself closer and begin expecting for the person to help you in some way. You hear the sound of their sigh, you can tell that this pirate is not Yunho or San, but you continue to keep your hopes up or else you will simply freeze to death. You cannot let yourself die when your sister is still waiting for you back at home.

You feel their stare lingering on your figure as they debate on whether to help you or not before another sigh leaves the person's lips. Barely managing to pick up the words "saving" and "best friend," you feel them slide under the covers of your blanket and squish themselves on the small bed. Immediately, you gravitate yourself toward the pirate while you take the time to absorb their body heat. Arms encase you in an embrace and you snuggle closer to the person, a satisfied hum erupting from your throat.

No one speaks during this moment, knowing that it will simply make things awkward due to the position they are currently in. You can hear the soft breaths of the one holding you tickling your ears as you notice the faint scent of the ocean breeze lingering on them.

You feel so warm being in this pirate's arms; your heart's awakening and you feel like you're living alive again.

Slipping out of conscience, you eventually fall into slumber and your soft snores resonate throughout the sickbay. The pirate rolls their eyes in annoyance but stays in their spot, not wanting to wake you up and feeling a bit comfortable in their position (they won't admit it aloud though).

After a few minutes of silence, their eyes begin to droop due to sleepiness. They fight the urge to sleep, especially since Seonghwa had told them that they needed to stay with you until he returns, yet the warmth tempts them to immerse themselves into slumber.

Taking a quick glimpse of your peaceful expression on your face, they brush your hair to behind your ear and face the ceiling before deciding that taking a short nap won't hurt. They will be awake and get themselves out of this situation by the time Seonghwa returns to the sickbay- no one will find out about this.