Chapter 4

Max's POV

Warren and I finish the movie. It was awesome! Action, comedy, romance, everything you would need for an awesome movie. For some reason it started to rain since it didn't really call for it. But it's okay, I like it. I tug my jacket closer and jog over to Warren's car, or was it his mothers? I don't know. He gets in and lets out a shiver, turning the car on and the heat.

"Weather man never said it would rain today. I'm sorry." He apologizes and I let out a chuckle.

"It's fine, you didn't cause the rain." I reply and he smiles over at me. He starts to drive me to my house, the radio plays a soft acoustic guitar sound and it calms me. I love the slow tempo of music, and if the singer matches the sound I love it more. I smile to myself and close my eyes. I put my hand down on my soda about to pick it up when Warren lays his hand on top of mine. My eyes shift towards him, he has a blush on his face.

"I'm sorry, I thought that was mine." He says and quickly picks up the other cup.

"Stop apologizing for every little thing." I punch him in the arm and he laughs. I do that a lot, I should cut back on him. He probably has twenty bruises just from tonight. And then, I don't know why, but I grab his hand and lock it in mine. I mean, it happened before in the past as for fun. But, something has changed. I can feel it, and I think he can too. He slowly rubs his thumb over mine and I blush. Why am I blushing?! Warren is my best friend! Well, other then Chloe.

Warren pulls in the parking lot in front of my dorm. He has a few blocks left to drive for his. I pull my hood up over my hair and quickly jog to the main entrance. I turn around and see Warren right behind me, complaining about the rain.

"I should of brought an umbrella." He comments and I shrug.

"It's cool, besides a free shower." We both laugh at that and I slowly open the door and entering in the darkened hallway. The only light comes from a lamp down the hall and the candles next to Kate's door. I miss her so much, if only she knew how much she meant to so many people. Even though she and I didn't see it much in the past, a lot of people cared for her. I turn around and meet Warren's big brown eyes.

"Goodnight, Max." He opens his arms out for a hug and I accept it. His arms are slung over my shoulders, hugging my back while mine are around his waist. He pulls away and I give him a slight peck on the cheek. His face grows red and my smile gets bigger.

"Thank you Warren. I had a good time tonight." I turn around and begin to walk down the hall.

"Ugh..." he tries to collect himself before clearing his throat. "Yeah, sure! I'll... check if their is another movie out soon. If so we can go see it. Well, if you want to. And if we have the time for-"

"-Goodnight Warren!" I cut him off and close my room door. I like to mess with him so much!

A/N: This is the end FOR NOW. If people like the story, I'll push out 3 chapters per day.