Somebody Special

Thank you @DarylDixontwdstuff for requesting

I sat at the dinner table, just listening to everybody talk about their day. Maggie talked about having to help Deanna plant flowers, Rick had to settle an argument over a box of brownie mix, Sasha talked about a walker buildup.

"What about you kids?" My dad asked, everyone looked over at me and Carl.

"Nothing," Carl and I responded at the same time.

"I'm pretty sure I saw you guys together under the tree by the wall," Glenn giggled, making everyone break out into oooo's. Carl and I blushed in embarrassment. I put my head down on the table, trying to escape what I knew was coming next.

"You what?" My dad cut off everybody's childishness.

"Daryl it wasn't like that, I swear, " Carl attempted to explain. He was the only one I told about who I like, him being my best friend and all. He always stayed up with me when I was crying about everything in general and still does.

"Yeah, you better be swearing, or I'll kick your ass," He grunted.

"Dad," I picked my head up from the table. "Carl and I are just friends," I groaned.

"Sure y/n, you keep telling yourself that," Glenn teased again, laughing.

After dinner, my dad and I walked back to our house. "Are you telling the truth?" My dad asked after shutting the front door behind us. "About the Grimes kid?" His tone was more serious.

"I'm not lying," I rolled my eyes, starting to head upstairs.

"I wouldn't beat his ass you know, but I would-"

"Dad!" I cut him off, turning around on the stairs.

"I'm sorry, I just..." He looked down.

"Save it," I mumbled, walking past him making sure to brush his shoulder, and out the front door.

I walked over a few houses down, and knocked on the door. I looked down at my shoes, trying to push the anger down.

"Something happen with Daryl again?" The door opened. I jumped a little, not expecting Enid to open the door. Most of the time it would be Olivia telling me to go back home.

"Yeah," I scratched the back of my neck.

"Of course," Enid chuckled. She grabbed my hand and guided me to the couch. I shut the door for her.

"What happened?" She asked as we sat down next to each other.

"Nothing really, just him getting on my nerves and being overly protective," I sighed.

"Wanna talk about it?" She put her hand on my knee.

"Uh, yeah... yeah sure," I stumbled over my words. I explained to her how everyone talks about wanting me and Carl to be a thing, and my dad getting upset about it.

"Well do you?" She asked.

"Do I what?" I looked over at her.

"You know... like Carl,"

"Enid come on, you know I don't like him," I furrowed my brows.

"Okay, just making sure," She started fiddling with her hands. I wanted to ask why, but I didn't want to be annoying, she's probably asking to know if Carl's single.

"Hey, where's Olivia?" I asked, looking around, noticing the silence in the house.

"I don't really know, something about missing rations," I nodded.

"So um, do you like anyone in particular?" She put her hands between her knees and pursed her lips.

"Um, why?" I avoided her question. She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. I stared at her blankly. She took a deep breath.

"Because I like you," She looked over at me. I smirked, feeling a blush creeping up.

"Huh," I chuckled airily. I leaned back into the couch and smiled. She froze.

"I knew I shouldn't have said anything," She stood up. "I'm just gonna-" I grabbed her hand, preventing her from walking away. She looked down at me nervously. I pulled her down to sit next to me. She still had a hint of fear in her eyes.

"I like you too," She exhaled, letting out her stress, and smiled. I let go of her hand and brought it up to her face, pushing a strand of hair out of her face. We leaned closer together ever so slowly, staring deep into each others eyes. Enid put hand on my waist, I put mine on her cheek. We started moving into each other. Our lips brushing against each other.

"My goodness I feel like I'm going crazy!" Olivia burst through the front door loudly. Enid and I literally jumped away from each other. I fell on the ground with a thud as Enid tried to play it cool. "Y/n what are you doing here? It's very late,"

"Sorry, sorry," I stood up, straightening myself up. I saw Enid look down, trying to hide her smile. "Uh, bye Enid," I hurriedly rushed out. What a close call.

The Next Day

"Hey y/n how come I saw you picking dandelions this morning?" Maggie asked, coming into my house with Glenn. Our group was coming over to mine and Daryl's house for some family meeting.

"Oh uh, they're for somebody... special," I tried to avoid talking about this as everybody started gathering in my living room.

"Who?" Maggie asked innocently.

"Carl? I bet they're for Carl," Glenn cut in quickly.

"No, they're for..." I hesitated.

"Go on," Daryl walked in, crossing his arms.

"Enid..." I bit my lip, squeezing my eyes shut. There was a chorus of awe's as I opened my eyes back up.

"Awe man," Glenn frowned. Maggie lightly smacked his arm. "I- I mean, that's amazing y/n! I thought you were cuter with her anyways,"

"Mhm, sure," I furrowed my brows, smiling at him. I looked over at my dad who just stood there. "Dad?" I was worried about what he was going to say. I knew he grew up very conservative, and Merle tried to force that ideology, but it wasn't him.

"I'm happy for you kid, she's a nice girl," He nodded, smiling softly. I smiled widely. "I guess it's just hard for me to think of my little girl growing up,"

"You finally told them?!" Carl ran in. I nodded.

"Thank god. Do you know how hard it was keeping that all in?" Carl plopped down onto the couch next to me. Everyone chuckled.

"We're happy for you sweetheart, you're our family and you shouldn't feel like you have to hide any of that stuff from us," Michonne smiled.