Valentines Day

I walked up the street of Alexandria towards Enid's house. Ever since I got to Alexandria with Rick, Enid and I just clicked. There is something about her that I just can't get out of my head. She's flirty, but in a friend way. But I so desperately wanted it to be in a more than friend way. When she wasn't hanging out with me, she was hanging out with Carl. I hated to see them together, the way her eyes twinkled when she looked at him. I wished I was in Carl's position.

Carl has been my best friend since the prison. I share everything with him. A few weeks ago I may or may not have let it slip that I have a massive crush on Enid.

Flashback

"What about Ron?" Carl asked.

"Hah, yeah right," I chuckled.

"What? I think he likes you," Carl nudged me with his elbow.

"Gross... Don't you like Enid?" I winced as I realized that I said that. Great job Y/N bring up your crush with your crushes probably crush.

"She's really pretty," Carl turned his head to look out at the street, hiding his faint blush.

"I know," I slapped my hand over my mouth. Damnit Y/N why did you have to let it slip.

Carl slowly turned his head towards me. "What did you just say?" He furrowed his brows and smirked.

"Nothing," I said through my hand which muffled the noise.

"You- You like Enid?" He asked, pulling back in shock.

"No I never said that," I nervously laughed.

"Wow um, I don't know... I don't think I can look at you the same way. He looked away from me, his body stiffening.

"What?" Uh oh. This is not how I was planning this to go down. I could feel my nose start to burn and tears welling up in my eyes.

"Nah, I'm just kidding," He untensed and looked back at me smiling.

"You big one-eyed idiot don't do that," I slapped his arm and buried my face in my hands.

"Ok, I'm gonna ignore that one," He softly chuckled as he put a hand on my back. "You should tell her how you feel," He gently rubbed my back.

"But she likes you!" I groaned.

"I don't know about that. If you like her, you should tell her,"

"You won't be mad?" I asked.

"What? Of course not Y/N, you're my best friend. And I'd rather see you happy with Enid than me," He pulled me into a hug. "You know, Valentine's day is right around the corner, that would be a perfect time to tell her how you feel,"

And here we are. Valentine's day. I walked up the steps of the Rhee family porch and reached out to knock on the door. My heartbeat quickened. I immediately turned around and started walking back home.

"Y/N? " A voice called out from behind me. I froze in my tracks and slowly turned around.

"Hey Maggie," I tried to act natural. I reached out to lean on the railing but missed and tripped.

"What are you doing here honey?" Maggie giggled. I regained my balance.

"Is uh, Enid here?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's upstairs," Maggie motioned her arm for me to come inside. I stepped in and Maggie put her hand on my lower back. Once I was fully inside, she went back to what she was doing. I ran upstairs and to Enid's room.

Her door was cracked open. I softly knocked and came in. "Hey Y/N," She greeted, smiling. She closed her notebook and put it on her nightstand. I awkwardly stood there. This is it, do or die. Metaphorically. She patted the space on the bed next to her. I walked over and sat pretty far away from her. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded quickly. "Uh... What's wrong?" She squinted, trying to figure me out.

"Look, I have to tell you something. And I'm sorry in advance," I twiddled my thumbs.

"Okay?" I looked over at her curious bright eyes. I started to smile, but the nerves caught up to me again and I looked back down. She scooted over to me and gently placed her soft hand on my knee. I could feel her eyes burning into me.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "I have feelings for you," I blurted out. "In more than a friend way,"

"Hey," She moved her head forward, so she would meet my eyes. I looked over at her. She stared at me, starting to smile. I felt my cheeks burn. "It took you long enough," She giggled.

"Huh?" I squinted in confusion.

"Y/N, it's kinda obvious, you're not that great at hiding things," She explained. She scooted even closer to me. Our faces inches apart. My breathing quickened. "I like you too,"

"You... You mean you don't like Carl?" I asked. She shook her head. "But he did tell me some things," Oh good lord of course he did.

She interlaced our hands. "And before you ask, I would like to be your valentine," She leaned closer and planted a warm kiss on my cheek.