Lucky Number 9

****Friday, February 21, 2020****

I came home from my run, energized and still hearing her voice echoing in my head. My curiosity began to grow, if she sounded so enticing over the phone, I was willing to bet that she was equally, if not more so, in person. Running has always been a passion of mine. I challenge myself each time to run further than I had done previously, it is just one of my favorite activities that gets my heart racing and fills me with bliss.

I arrive home and remove each warm layer as the presence of crisp cold winter air is still floating about. I make my way to my master bathroom and as I allow the hot water to fall down on me, I think to myself that if this interview does not go right I shall end all endeavors to find an assistant.

I decided to wear a dark navy suit, as many have said that is a colour that favors me and it is my favourite colour as well. I did not want to be too intimidating, so I chose to wear it with no tie and a couple of buttons loose from my white shirt. My phone rings and it was my mother, Diane.

"Hello Thomas."

"Hello mother. It must be close to eight in the evening in London, is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine dear. I just wanted to check in on my only son and how he is adjusting to living in the states."

"I am doing quite well mother. The house is quite larger than I am used to, but I cannot complain. I have more privacy at my disposal. On the other hand, I am holding an interview in about an hour for a personal assistant."

"Oh, well I won't take any more time off your hands darling. Please take care and I love you."

" I love you too mum, Goodbye."

As I began adjusting my cufflinks, my driver Anthony walked in.

"Sir, I shall be going for your personal assistant candidate and should return in no longer than forty to forty-five minutes."

"Thank you Anthony."

I walked towards the small study that connected with my formal living room and prepared two chairs sitting across one another. I was looking forward to meeting the maiden whose voice keeps echoing in my ears. In addition, she already had my interest upon knowing her study of English Literature. True to his word, Anthony arrives back in no longer than forty minutes.

"Sir, she's here."

Gazing out my window and looking at the Atlanta sun about to set soon, I take a deep breath, "send her in." I can hear the sound of high heels coming closer as the tapping on the floor slowly approached my study door. They stopped all at once, and I heard them walk into the room, I turned around and beheld the most beautiful sight.

Time slowed as I slowly looked at this beauty standing feet away from me. She had to be no older than thirty-five as she looked so young. As I gazed at her from her feet upwards, I was certain that this had to be the most beautiful woman I have ever been in close perimeters with. The way her skirt hugged her hips and thighs and sat right above her knees; the navy shade of blue of her satin button down gave a pop to her beautiful skin and bright eyes, not to mention the ever so slight peek of a cleavage line that quickly caught my attention.

"Hello y/n. Please take a seat. It's a pleasure to meet you"

"The pleasure is all mine sir", she replied with that same lovely voice. I noticed her cheeks flushed lightly with a touch of pink, and I felt beside myself making a young woman blush like that, not that it was anything to me- not to sound too egotistical. She hands me her resume and our fingers graze each other ever so slightly.