Giving Into Her

**** Midnight of Sunday, February 23, 2020****

I felt a mixture of happiness and excitement hearing those words from her. "Follow me y/n". I opened the front door, took her small hand in mine, and took her to the dimly lit living room. There was little light, but the one that gave the most splendor was the fire glows coming from the fireplace. As she sat on the couch, I walked over to the bar cart and took out two glasses. I put four ice cubes in each and filled them half-way with the ember coloured drink of my favorite whiskey.

"Jameson whiskey I'm assuming?" She asked with a slight tease.

"Haha, you do know me well y/n." I turn to face her and hand her drink. Her precious lips press upon the edge of the cup and take a small sip of the liquid gold. "What did you think of your first day on the job y/n?"

"From seeing events like this online, I didn't think there would be so much going on behind the scenes. I thought you just walk by, look gorgeous, smile and continue walking. Though I enjoyed the fast pace of it."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and that you weren't overwhelmed. I know it can be rather chaotic, especially if it was your first time in that type of setting", I reply. Since I first set eyes on this beautiful masterpiece of a woman I thought to myself that she must have a boyfriend at home- or a girlfriend with how fluid sexuality can be at times. I would envy the person who got to explore that marvelous body every night, if it looked beckoning with clothes on I could not imagine how much more it would be naked. I figured I should just ask her so I can stop at least one of the curiosities I had about her. " Y/n, I have been working up the courage to ask you this all day..."

I can tell she was intrigued by the sudden suspicion, as she raised an eyebrow she asked, "what may that be?"

"Please don't think of me being too forward, but do you have a special someone in your life? I say it in that manner because of political correctness."

She smiled and her face became that shade of a pink rose again- how I loved seeing her blush. Looking down she softly said, "Hehehe, well I am straight Tom. Though, sadly, I am single." She looked back at me, "I just haven't found the right man, yet."

I became curious as to what someone her age would define as the right man. Being only twenty-six I would assume she would still want the cliche bad boy. Though, thinking back to her fascination with English Literature and poetry, she could also be seeking the eighteenth century romantic era gentleman that would still court a woman on chaperoned outings. "What may that "right man" look like?"

She straightened herself up where she sat and looked pensive into the fire for a moment. "Physically, I'd like him to be handsome, tall, and dress like a gentleman most times- or clean cut for the most part. Aside from physical looks, I think it would be an added bonus for him to be interested in the same things I mentioned to you before: poetry, English Lit, theatre, the opera, classical music, etc. Come to think of it, someone like you!"

I loved how she said that last part with an air of confidence, and perhaps a little flirtatious. I may appear to be solely interested in all things Shakespeare, but I can read when someone is being flirtatious with me; and coming from y/n has been the one I have favoured most.

"Eheheh, well I am beyond flattered y/n."

Already confirming that she is single, I wanted to take her more than anything. Though, I thought how badly things could go if I did. One, lawsuits for things like that are always happening. Two, I did not want to lead her on as I was still dealing with what my past relationship left broken. I was completely over my ex, but felt it was not fair to ignite something new if I had not dealt with what toxicity the past left.