Chapter 10

Y/n looked up into the retro interior when he saw the flashing lights of a police car aimed at him. He tapped the steering wheel, hatred seizing hold of his car and slowing his car aside before pulling it over to the side of the road. He took a deep breath and pushed open the door with a bright smile.

"Did I drive too fast? I am really sorry!"

"Papers, please."

"If you want," he said, taking them out before handing them.

The policeman took them and looked at the ID card. He thought about the composite and looked up at Y/n who understood. Then Y/n kicked him hard in the stomach, doubling him over and hurrying away. He stretched out the policeman who was running behind him while trying to reach his teammates.

I ran without looking back. I knew why he was there.

I thought of you and our child.

I stopped and fell to my knees.

Scattering the photos of the victims, Y/n observed them before looking up at the two inspectors.

"Do you recognize these women?"

"No, sorry," he smiles, crossing his legs before placing his handcuffed hands on the table.

"You tried to kill this woman. Hirai Momo. Three suspects saw you with her."

Y/n didn't answer and then let go.

"I want a lawyer."

Settled in an interrogation room, his eyes widened when he saw Nayeon entering.

The policeman nodded and closed before staying behind the door. The brunette sat down in silence and looked into his eyes.

"I know it's difficult, but I promise I'll go out. I wasn't the one who did this. I shouldn't have run away, I got scared." Y/n tried to lie.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Tell me that's wrong."

He blinked.

"Tell me that you didn't try to kill this woman."

"Nayeon, it's not me. I can never hurt a woman. Have I ever raised my hand to you?"

The brunette looked down.

The young man slid his cuffed hands across the table and squeezed Nayeon's.

"I'm going out. They will understand that I am not the man they are looking for."

She shook her head.

"Do you not love me anymore?"

"Of course I do. On the contrary and that's the problem."

The young woman got up and asked to go out.

"Nayeon, wait!"

The door closed and he burst into tears.