4: I'm fighting with sunshine

Will storms over to me and Paxton. His usual laid back, happy go lucky attitude is replaced with a mix between a furious and exasperated expression.

"Hello Will." I say, smiling innocently.

He stops to glare at me. I stifle a laugh. No matter how hard he tries to look intimidating, his golden hair, big blue eyes, and overall short stature made it impossible to be scared of him. To be honest, he looked and acted as if he were the embodiment of a puppy.

Paxton looks from Will to me and back again, clearly confused. I don't blame him, anyone who hasn't witnessed my fights with Will would definitely have no clue about what's going on. To give you a summary about them, the arguments we have are daily and always are about me getting myself into reckless situations. Which is fair.

Will's scowl faltered when he looked at Paxton. Using this situation to my advantage I ushered Paxton towards Will gently, assuring him that everything was safe.

"He needs more medical attention than me." I said, firmly putting my hands on his shoulders.

Will nodded and pulled Paxton aside, still eyeing me carefully, probably making sure I didn't try and make an escape. Not like I was planning to anyway.

I watched intently as Will gave Paxton a piece of ambrosia. He hesitantly took it and carefully sniffed it as if it were poison. Will assured him that it wasn't harmful, but Paxton still refused to eat it.

 Slowly I made my way over to the two and snatched the square of ambrosia right out of Paxton's hands. Will started protesting, but stopped when he saw what I was about to do. I broke the baked good in two and handed one half to Paxton. The other half I placed in my mouth and ate it, making sure he saw me chew and swallow.

When the piece of ambrosia was placed on my tongue it exploded with flavour. That flavour tasted very similar to my mom's home baked star cookies. I smiled as a memory of my family and I eating those cookies together appeared in my head. But it quickly faded once I realized Paxton was still staring at me.

I swallowed the piece of ambrosia and felt my wounds start to close. The scratches along my arms and legs started to disappear along with the pain from my broken bones.

"See." I said, tapping the small square in Paxton's hands. "It's harmless just like the doctor said."

A small smile appeared on Will's face as Paxton grinned and stuffed his ambrosia into his mouth. The cut on his cheek started to magically close on its own, leaving behind a barely visible line that I would hardly call a scar.

"Wow!' He exclaimed, examining his face in a small compact-mirror that Will gave him. "This is almost as cool as when she fought the giant bird lady in mid-air!"

Will tensed up and his eye twitched. Uh-oh.

"Rox Anne..." He started, turning towards me.

I booked it before he could finish. Not wanting to face the wrath of Sunshine Jr. I was pretty sure he would start chasing me if it wasn't for Paxton still standing there confused out of his mind, but that didn't mean he would let me go free without sending a few angry shouts my way.

I ran past the empty pavilion and towards the cabins and slowed down once I reached them. Tonight was calm, for the most part, and everyone was either doing nightly patrols or sleeping. Well, everyone except Nico di Angelo.