Chapter 56

Chapter 56

**

William

"So you remember my name?" I asked, testing the waters. I don't wish to hear a 'no' again.

After the return from Paris, things have been out of control. Gwen finally told us the truth that she has been keeping tabs on Mr. Black for months. Months. I literally wanted to smack the back of her head and demand if she lost few screws at her younger age. I even questioned that one time when Ethan dropped her when she was young. That day was probably the day, she lost few screws in her brain. And when I found that she literally gave herself up to Mr. Black, it was confirmed. She did lose it.

The months that followed the accident had been horrible for everyone. There was a hope when she opened her eyes, but that was too snatched from us when she looked at us without recognition. Ryan and Ashton lost it. The look on Ashton's face was pure heartbreak. Ryan took the support of alcohol and it was very difficult to ask him to stop. Nate and Ethan remained strong, yet I could see their strong will crumbling so many times. Max and Blake just tried everything in their power to make her remember. They kept on telling stories about their childhood, her life in school, also her life at home. I wanted to include things about Ashton too as he would wait outside her hospital room in hopes that she would remember him and call him. We had so many arguments as he wanted to come in and talk to her himself, but we knew better. Gwen was already scared looking at us, if Ashton lost his calm and became emotional, she wouldn't be able to handle it.

The night she cried, sobbing that she remembers, holding tightly onto me while she kept apologising, a relief flew threw me. I couldn't help but ask her continuously if she remembered me. I don't want her to suddenly say that she didn't, that would break my heart. Now that she remembers, I can breathe a relief.

Currently, Gwen sat upright on her hospital bed while I perched on the uncomfortable chair that was placed beside the bed with my phone in my hand. I've been constantly texting Sophia since Gwen said she remembered. Along with calling my siblings and my parents, in happiness, I called Sophia and informed her too. She was grouchy as I woke her up too early for her liking, but eventually joined in on my happiness. After ending the call, I send her a 'sorry' from where our conversation started. It was normal one word reply which turned into flirting. I was surprised by myself as I stared at the messages which were shared between us.

Me: Baby, if you were a fruit, you'd be a fineapple.

Sophia: Did you call me a pineapple? Is this your first time saying a pickup line?

Me: I said fineapple and not pineapple. There's a difference. And no, I've said a lot of pickup lines in my teenage years.

Sophia: There isn't any difference besides I don't like pineapple. And did it ever work on any girls? I hardly doubt that.

I didn't reply after that since Gwen had my attention.

"I remember you." Gwen replied, again. I've been annoying her by continuously asking her the same question again and again. Unable to stop myself, I stared at her expectantly. She rolled her eyes, already knowing that I was going to ask again. "If you ask me one more time, Will. I'll try and forget everything."

I gave her a sheepish smile, my cheeks burning from embarrassment. "Sorry. I just want to make sure you remember."

Once satisfied with Gwen's reply, I opened my chats with Sophia.

Me: I said fineapple which means you are fine looking woman, not a pineapple looking woman. And what do you know, I've dated many girls.

I was a little offended at her questioning my flirting skills. I had a lot of girlfriends when I was in my high school. I was one of the popular kids with a lot of money. That tends to attract a lot of people.