Chapter 40

Chapter 40

**

William

Everything was set for today.

Nate and I had informed the police on the happenings of today and told them to be at standby near Gwen's school. At first when I found out what Gwen was planning on doing, I was reluctant because she could get hurt and I was not having that. But I knew no matter what I say, Gwen was going to go ahead with this plan. She, not tell us about anything, proved that she wouldn't stop.

Things happened on the day I got a call from Gwen. She was being chased by three boys on the day she went out with her friends. I was so worried when I found her in the state I did that I wanted nothing more than to kill them. Nate stopped me from doing anything. I was furious at Gwen for even going out without informing me, but that anger left my body as soon as she fainted in front of me. I couldn't express how scared I was when she fainted. I was so angry that I didn't notice her not eating. I cursed myself for being ignorant. And when I found what she was planning on doing, I wanted to stop her, but stopping her wouldn't get me anywhere. She would find a way to go ahead with her plan. The only problem was that she was being the bait in this.

"Alright, keep a careful eye on them. Gwen should not be hurt," I instructed Alex, Chris, Amber and Nate. Alex, Chris and Amber were Gwen's best friend's who were helping her with this plan.

The reason Gwen was being chased was because of our own business crisis. Gwen being the only girl has always been the target. My sister is very strong as she fights back like a true warrior.

Soon the party began. Nate and I were hidden in the hallways of the school away from the passing crowd. We all had an ear piece in our ears except Gwen and Amber. Chris and Amber were going to record the conversation while Alex was on standby in case we need him to protect Gwen. He would be closest to her among all of us.

"He is here." Chris said, through the ear piece. I nodded at Nate and waited for Gwen and Michael– the culprit who wanted to hurt Gwen– to arrive at the destination.

After approximately an hour later, I felt a presence in the ear piece. "Change of plans. He caught her at the beginning of staircase." Alex urgently said.

Nate and I exchanged glances before rushing towards the staircase. Since they were supposed to talk at the second floor, we were waiting there. We took another set of stairs and rushed towards the destination Alex told us. Just when Gwen came into view, I see Michael raising his fist. Anger consumed me as I ran towards them, Nate not far behind me. I saw Ryan's friend, Ashton, holding Michael's fist.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Hitting a girl. Such a shame." He said in a mocking manner before he raised his fist and knocked him back.

"Gwen!" I called out as I reached them. I looked over at her from head to toe, scanning for any injury. When I found none, I sighed in relief. I looked over at Ashton, who was leaning against the wall, observing the scene before him. He caught my eyes and smirked, before turning his stare to Gwen. I turned towards Michael who was on the floor, nursing his nose, curtsey of Ashton and Nate.

"I'll take care of it." I said, looking over at Gwen and others before grabbing hold of Michael and dragging him with me towards the entrance where I see Riley and three other officers waiting.

While they were cuffing him, Michael laughed. "Don't think that just because you caught me, Gwen will be safe. He is still alive, but she will die. You don't know anything."

I stormed towards him and punched him hard, causing him to fall to the ground. I kicked his stomach as he mockingly laughed at me and continued to shout threats.