006

[Johnny Cade]

I think I really like Chantel. She's just so perfect and she's nice and she knows me. She's just so amazing but she likes Dally and I know she does, either way, I don't want to ruin our friendship. What if it don't work out between us we won't be friends anymore and I really need her as a friend.

I even liked her before she went off to that weird private school in California. She might have had braces and glasses and dressed a little weirdly but she was still the same person she just changed her style.

I started waking up and I think I was the first person to wake up. I looked at the chair to see if Chantel was there but she wasn't. Did she leave?

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I looked to see if Dal was awake and I saw them both sleeping together. I felt my heartache a bit. He had his arm around her and she had her hand on his. Why are they even sleeping together? They don't like each other, that much. Dal doesn't Like her he always complains about her.

I got up and sighed, I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water and I looked at the time. It was 9:47. Darry must have left already.

"Mornin' Johnny," Ponyboy said walking towards me

"Hey" I mumbled

"Why you down in the dumps," he asked me as he started making breakfast.

"You know how I like you know who," I said to him

"Yeah, did you guys amid something?" He laughed

"More like she did something with someone else" I sighed

"What?" Pony looked at me and stopped what he was doing, I pointed to the living room and his eyes widened

"Oh my god, Dally and Elle?"

"I don't know, but they are sleeping together not in that way but you know laying together there"

"Oh wow never expected that sorry Johnny," he said to me going back to cooking

"I don't want to ruin our friendship anyway, I'll just ask Dal why they were sleeping together, cause he ain't too fond of her and same with her she always takes what he says to heart"

"Yeah I know, she looked real sad that time Dally called her you to know a slut and stuff like that"

"She don't deserve that" I shook my head and sighed

"Yeah, I think if Dal just got to know her and not make fun of her the whole time they would get along" 

"Yeah" I nodded

"Did soda already go to the DX?" I asked Pone

"Yeah left early with Darry," he nodded

"Oh"

"Mornin'" Dally came in rubbing his eyes

"Mornin'" Ponyboy gave him a nod and Dally sat down.

"So you and Elle gettin' real close," I said to him

"Little broad was scared to sleep in the same place" he chuckled

"Why was she scared?" I asked

"She looked uncomfortable in the chair and I told her she can sleep with me and it wouldn't be a big deal cause we just sleepin' she said no, then gave in. We had small talk she got annoyed and turned around and her heart was beatin' real fast" he chuckled "She sure does hate me"

"You make fun of her and she won't like it"

"I'm jokin' round"

"Don't seem like it Dal, you hurt her feeling all the time" I said to him mad at the fact that he so means to her.

"She knows I don't mean it" he got up and grabbed some water

"No, she doesn't Dal. She thinks you hate her so much, she thinks about you all the time and says to me, do you think he meant it? I know you don't but she does. Be nicer to her, she ain't like any of the girls you go after, she sensitive"

"They why don't you go after her?! I don't give a fucking damn about her! You brought her in this gang!" He yelled

"You don't think I want to go after her! I've liked her for the longest time! She's the nicest person in this damn town! You Mr just an asshole to see that! You don't know her as I do! If you gave her the time she would open up a bit and show who she is, but no all you do is call the horrible names that make her feel like complete shit!" 

We all heard the door close and my eyes widened. I got up and checked if she was still in the living room and she wasn't.

"Want some water to cool off?" Ponyboy said holding a glass of water

"She heard, she heard everything!"

"Drink some water!" Ponyboy gave me the water and I sighed and sat down on the couch.

What have I done?