Where It All Began...

"RUN! JUST RUN!" yelled a man behind me. Now, your probably wondering what's going on and how this all happened, well...that's a long story. Oh where are my manners, my name is Ari, Ari Foster to be exact and the man behind me is my best friend, Jack or Eyeless Jack as people call him. You see, this story starts when I was little, 2 to be exact. I was born and raised in the capital of Britain, London, before moving to Texas, California. At the time, my parents said it was for family reasons but well, they lied, it turned out that they placed me in an orphanage due to my "unnatural hair and eyes". I was born with one black eye and pastle blue hair with a weird multicolored stripe in the front of my fringe. I was also unable to talk, which was unusual for a child at that age. Because of my strange features, that's where my story begins and before I decided to be non binary...

"Stay in there and don't even TRY to get out again or you will end up with more than just whip marks!" Yelled a young lady as she dropped a small child on the floor in a dark corner within the basement. You see, that small child is me, at the age of 5, and that lady was the head of the orphanage, Emma Lopez or the devil's wife as I called her. She was kind to others and around adults who wish to adopt a child, but behind closed doors she was cruel and abusive, especially to me. She fed the other kids and staff well with meals fit for royalty, as for me, what they dont eat I get. Sometimes I didn't get to eat at all however, water is something I always got. This one time, I snuck out of the basement to try and follow a dog I saw in the gardens through the window. I may have fell off the box too a few times while trying to get to the window, to help get out of that basement. I sat in my corner, hugging my knees and rocking to keep myself sane, as well as watching mice run to and from, corner to corner, crawling in and out of holes in the walls and in boxes. Within 5 minutes of watching them, I heard a whimper at the small window, as I look I see the gray and pink-ish dog I saw earlier that day. The dog had a wide smile, human like really, but the dog was still very gorgeous. I got up and climbed up the boxes to get to the window, opening it for the dog. As soon as I did, the strange dog licked my face, causing me to smile, a moment later a man appeared. He had raven black, pure white skin and a wide smile cut into his face. Upon further analysis, it was clear to see he had no eyelids and his hoodie had bits of blood covered on it.

"What do we have here then?" The man asked, looking down at me before crouching to see me properly. I gave him a small wave to say 'hello' before being attacked with licks from the dog again, making me smiles once again. "What's your name kid?" He asked, this question made me lower my head, it upset me that I couldn't speak, I never learned really. The guy seemed to have noticed and so did the dog. "Take it your a quiet one huh kid" he said, causing me to nod slightly, ducking down as if I was trying to hide. "You know, you have very pretty eyes. One blue, one black. Its different and unique" the man said, I look up at him in shock. Not once has anyone said anything like that to me before, especially about my eyes since they are two different colors. I tilt my head slightly, showing my confusion and wanting to question the man but before I could get a chance, the devil's wife pulled me from the window causing me to struggle. The man watched as she pulled me back and he looked pissed, so did the dog, both of them seemed to have gotten very defensive over me just from a small conversation-ish moment.

The man seemed to have noticed me struggling, making him yell at Emma. "HEY! LET HER GO!" he shouted, causing Emma to look at him. The moment she looked at him, she dropped me and looked at the man in pure horror as he climbed through the small window. "Your Je- Jeff the killer!" Emma stuttered out before running off. The man, or Jeff as Emma said, picked me up then did a hand movement while saying "Smile, you know what to do," causing the dog to move towards where Emma would be. He looked at me again and held me close, "it's ok kid, I've got you. Let's get you out of this shit hole." That was the last thing he said before walking up the stairs and kicked the door open, walked towards the front door and out of the building. Smile the dog following soon after, blood around his mouth. What a strange pair these two are.

((A/n: art work at the top is done by me ^^ my eyes hurt from writing this ;^; never write without glasses on. I think I damaged my small finger, oof. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Very....slow...updates;^; riiiip, BAI!))