Chapter Five

Sapnap sat there, tears continuing to stream down his face. He was so scared. It had probably been around 10 minutes since Dream walked in and shouted, and he still hadn't moved. He just sat there, knowing that soon enough, he would be taken back to the castle, and there was nothing he could do about it.

---

George eventually ran back into the house, seeing his friend on the floor. He looked emotionless, but the water falling from his eyes told George that he was hurt. "Nick," He said to the boy, before slowly approaching him and kneeling down next to him. He hesitated for a moment, but ended up pulling the ravenette into a hug. "Hey, it'll be okay. I promise," He said, but got nothing in response. The two just sat there, in silence, George ended up crying as well. He didn't want his new friend to be taken away, he couldn't let him be taken back to that shit hole.

---

Dream continued running. He had been out for roughly an hour at this point, when he finally saw it in the distance. The castle. It was huge. He walked towards it.

Once he got to the gates surrounding it, a guard looked at him, "State your business here." He said to Dream,
"Uhm, I think I know where the prince is."
The guards eyes shot open momentarily before he quickly opened the gate and led him inside, "This way, sir."

Dream looked at everything, he didn't get why anyone would run away from here, it was beautiful.

And then, he heard it.

The argument.

"HE RAN AWAY BECAUSE OF YOU, YOU PUSHED THIS ONTO HIM!"
"OH, PLEASE. HES WEAK. I WAS TEACHING HIM TO BE STRONGER."
"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! ITS YOUR FAULT THAT NICHOLAS IS GONE."
"OH? AND WHYS THAT?"
"YOU PUSHED HIM OVER THE EDGE! YOU NEVER LET HIM OUT, YOU BARELY EVEN FED HIM, YOU FORCED HIM TO TRAIN WHEN HE WAS TIRED, YOU HIT HIM, YOU MADE HIM THINK HE WAS WEAK."
"ITS NOT MY FAULT HE COUDN'T HANDLE IT! HE WAS WEAK, AND THIS RATE ALWAYS WILL BE. YOU CANNOT BLAME ME FOR THAT."

The arguing continued for a while, Dream finally speaking up, "Uh, is everything okay?"
"Yeah, the Queen just blames the King for the Prince going missing. I agree with the King, personally. We all had tough childhoods, Nicholas just couldn't handle it. This might go on for a while, so why don't you tell me where he is?" The guard responded,
"Oh, uhm, of course," Dream was suddenly regretting everything, "I saw him up near the village, you know Dallington Village? Yeah, up there. I didn't know it was him at first, but then I saw the poster. I tried to chase him, but he was fast. I then saw the castle and quickly headed over to let you know."
"Do you know what direction he went in?"
"Uh yeah, he went up north, towards the Clover Village, I believe its called?"
"Okay, thank you, sir. What is your name? When the king calms down a bit, I'll let him know everything."
"My name is Dream,"
"Okay. Here, I'll lead you out. I would let you speak to the king yourself, but I don't think he's ready for that at the moment."
"Thank you,"

---

When he left the castle, he realised how much of a complete dickhead he was being. He didn't even let Sapnap try to explain himself, he just shouted at him, and left. He regretted everything, but there wasn't much he could do now, except apolagise, and hope he would be forgiven. He headed home, walking slowly, trying to figure out exactly what he would say.

---

During the time Dream was out, the boys had moved. George led them up to his room, them both falling asleep not soon after.

Or, so George thought.

Sapnap couldn't sleep, he knew the guards were going to arrive soon. And he couldn't help but panic. He got up as quietly as he could, and grabbed some paper and pen. What he wrote on it was;
'Hey, George. You've helped me a lot over the time I've known you, and I could never thank you enough for everything you've done for me. But, I can't stay here. If I do, they'll come for me, and I can't go back.
I'm sorry this happened, I really liked you, and Dream. Fuck, I think I loved Dream, which sounds ridiculous writing down cause I've only known him for a short amount of time, but I did. And I think thats why if hurt even more when he shouted at me, and when he went to tell my father.
Anyway, sorry, I got carried away. But, yeah, I'm sorry about the trouble I've caused. I wish both you and Dream well, I'll miss you, guys.
Goodbye

-Sapnap.'
He placed it on the table next to Georges bed, and left the house. He ran, and he didn't stop. He had to get far away, and he knew that.

He had been running for what seemed like ages, before he realised night was approaching. There was no where he could go, no where was safe anymore. So he just sat under a tree as he cried, he was far away from everyone. The only things around him now, were the mobs. But at this point? He really didn't care what they did to him.

---

Dream reached home and ran into all the rooms, not seeing the boys anywhere. He quickly ran upstairs, and saw George asleep, with a note next to him. He read it, tears falling down his face. This was his fault. If he had only listened to George, none of this would of happened.

He sat there re-reading the letter for a few moments, before shaking George awake and giving him the letter. As George read it, tears strolled down his face, "W-We have to find him, now."
"Okay," Dream responded, his voice quiet, "I'm sorry, George.."
"Apolagise to Sapnap, not me. You're a fucking idiot, you know that, right?"
"Yeah.. I know. I'm a dickhead, I don't know why I did that I just -"
"C'mon, Dream. Let's just go find him."
The other boy nodded before they wiped they tears and headed out the house.

---

[AT THE CASTLE]

"Sir, someone came round earlier today, saying he had seen your son."
"What did he say?"
"He said he saw your son walking through Dallington Village and up to Clover Village, he tried to chase him but wasn't fast enough, so he headed straight to the castle."
"How long ago was this?"
"About three hours ago, sir."
"Three hours ago? Why didn't you tell the others to go the villages and find him? Hm?"
"Oh, Uhm, I'm sorry, sir. I'll go do it now."
"If this happens again, your job will be going to someone else, got that?"
"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

The guard quickly ran away and told any and every guard he saw in the castle to head to Dallington and Clover Village, "And make sure to check any surrounding villages or jungles, okay?" The rest of the guards nodded, and they went on their way to look for the missing prince.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

words (without a/n):1204
words (total): 1287

heyo! this chapters a few hundred words shorter than normal (theyre normally around 1500-1700) but im trying to make the book last a little longer so the chapters may be a bit shorter, they'll all have at least 1000 words though:,) anyway, theres not much else to put here at this point in time, so have a good day, folks! cya :D