Chapter Seven

"Fine, Dream. What do you want?"
"Uh, George, can I talk to him alone?"
George looked at Sapnap, who just sighed and nodded in his direction, the brunette then walking away.
"So?" Sapnap asked, his voice almost monotone,
"I'm sorry, I really am. And, I don't expect you to forgive me for what I've done to you, but I seriously fucked up. I'm an idiot, I know that. I was angry, and I lashed out. You didn't deserve that, and I will always regret it. I'm sorry. And I would do anything to make you forgive me, I just.. I don't know why I said those things. Fuck, I really am sorry. I'm so fucking sorry."
"... I forgive you."
"Wha-"
"I said I fucking forgive you, okay? I'm sorry as well."
"Don't be, it's my fault any of this happened anyway."
"Yeah, I know. But still, I said shit to you as well. This doesn't mean you're completely forgiven and that everything will go back to how it was before, and I'm still pissed, but for some reason, I can't seem to fucking hate you. As much as I want to, I can't."
"I completely understand. So, do you want to come back home?"
"I don't know yet, Dream. I want to, but I don't want to see you every day. I can't face you without feeling like shit."
"Okay, that's okay."

The boys stood in uncomfortable silence for a while, until Dream spoke again, "Did you mean what you wrote?"
"What do you mean?"
"In the letter, you said .. You said you loved me, do you?"
"... I don't know anymore. I did, I think I still do, but at the same time, I'm just confused and I don't know what t-" The boy was cut off by something pressing against his lips.

It was Dream.

He pulled away quickly, but felt like he had to do it, like that was his only chance. "Fuck, I'm sorry I just-"
"It's fine, Dream," Sapnap replied, a light pink brushing across his face,
"I'm sorry.." His voice sounded wavey, almost like he was crying.
"Dream?"
"Sorry, I just.. I think I love you too, and I fucked up big time and now I just don't know what to do."
"Hey, it's fine. I mean, of course I'll be pissed for a while, but you and George are my first two friends. My only two friends, and I don't think I could hate either of you."
Dream embraced Sapnap into a hug, the smaller boy froze for a second, but eventually hugged him back.

They stood there for a while, until Dream finally spoke up again, "Did I ever tell you why I wear this mask?"
"Uh, no, I don't think you did,"
"I have a scar that goes down most of the left side of my face, and I hate it. My friends used to make fun of me for it. So, I made a mask. And now, I only take it off when I sleep."
"I'm sorry,"
"Don't be, but, the reason I'm telling you this is because of what I'm about to do."
"What do you mean..?"

Dream didn't say anything else, just reached his hands behind his head and unclipped the buckle, slowly moving his hand down as he showed Sapnap his face.

"You're so pretty.." Sapnap said as he cupped the taller boys face in his hands,
"Heh, thanks." Dream replied, "Well. Now you know what I look like. Still love me?" He joked,
"Oh, shut up," Sapnap laughed, Dream eventually laughing as well.

At some point, the boys sat down, and just talked for a while, neither of them would say it, but they missed eachother.

---

Meanwhile, George was still just walking around. He didn't know how long the boys needed to talk to one another, but at the same time, he knew they needed time, so didn't bother walking back over to them for a while. He wasn't far away, so they could just find him if they needed him.

---

The guards had been walking around for ages now, and there was still no sign of the prince, so they gave up and headed back towards the castle.

"Sir," Sam started, speaking to the king, "We searched in the villages and the ones nearby, but he was no where to be seen."
"Then go back out! This is ruining my reputation, I don't care if you have to kill him to get him here, bring him back. Okay?"
"Yes, sir." The guard nodded and headed back outside, alone this time.