#13

Chapter 13 - Regaining Shattered Pieces

tw// accident

izumi

I step out of the car and saw a two familiar faces. I smiled as I walked towards them.

"We thought that you'll never show up. What took you so long Iwata Izumi?!" Kaori said sounding so annoyed. I chuckled at her and put my arms around her shoulder.

"Don't be mad now, Kaori. I promise that I'll be early starting tomorrow. I'll buy you guys a meal later." I said softly at her and she scoffed.

"Okay fine. But please stop using food as your excuse, you know its my weakness." Me and Chishiya laughed at her last statement.

It's our first day in college, and once again I overslept. I was fortunate to be at the university on time. Chishiya grabbed my hand as we were making our way to the classroom. I noticed that he had dyed his hair and it suits him actually. When Kaori saw us, she frowned at us. She recently broke up with her boyfriend, so sweet moments kind of make her bitter. To tease her even more, I put my head on his shoulder, and as I had guessed, she rolled her eyes at us.

"Hey Kaori, why don't you find another guy? I heard that there many good looking guys around here." Chishiya said.

"I'll try. I don't really get it, after all he had done, I'm still into him. It's annoying." she said before cupping her face with her hand.

"You're too pretty to be wasted like this, Kao. Don't worry I'll help you move on." I said and winked at her playfully.

"Trust Izumi, she's good at this. Look she found me." he said proudly. I gave him a look before Kaori bursted out laughing and walked away.

"I'm glad that she's laughing now." he whispered to my ears and I nodded at him. We walked hand in hand before following Kaori.

My mom and I were watching some dramas in the living room when we heard my dad coming toward us. I turned to welcome him but suddenly stopped when I saw that he appeared to be upset. I turned to face my mother, who was observing me. We may have sensed something strange about dad today.

"Hey honey, what's the matter?" mom said, slowly approaching him.

"Where's Hana?" He said in a cold tone that gave me shiver down my spine.

"In her room whyー" dad obstructed mom's words when he abruptly went upstairs.

If only I had known that the joy between my family members yesterday would be the last, I would have done something. I was a coward. Acting all tough, but the truth is that I'm afraid of being left alone.

When they walked downstairs, I was presented with reality. My sister sobbed as she was being reprimanded by our father. I never knew that this will be start of chaos in our family. All of the voices became distorted in my ears. I thought I was going to pass out.

"Please stop!" I yelled, catching their attention. I went to my sister and help her get up. She was a mess. Bruises on her lips and arms, possibly from the fight from yesterday. I saw her last night, so I was aware of it, but I chose not to tell her because I was afraid of becoming involved.