Chapter 3

I had to be dreaming. I read it over and over and over again but the words never changed. But as I looked over the letter one last time, I noticed a water splotch on the paper, and then another. Was I crying? I couldn't believe it. My one  dream in life was finally becoming a reality.

Dalgomie waddled over to check on me since he noticed my tears. However these weren't sad tears. They were tears of joy. Looking back to the stadium, thinking of how many other people also had a chance of receiving the very letter that sat in my hands. And yet, I was somehow the winner.

However, once I eventually calmed down from my initial shock, a sudden realization dawned on me. I am going the meet the Rosè. Clumsy old Kim Jisoo was going to be working with and talking to a literal goddess. How the hell am I supposed to prepare for this?!

I jumped up and dashed over to my closet to check for any clothes that looked good on me. I was 99% sure her favorite color was pink so I picked out a cute light pink dress that I think she might like.

 This should do perfectly! Now, I just need to think of how I'm going to introduce myself

This should do perfectly! Now, I just need to think of how I'm going to introduce myself. How about playing it casual "Sup Rosè, glad to be hanging with you." No that's stupid! What about the honest approach, "OMG ITS SUCH AN HONNOR TO MEET YOU MS. ROSÈ I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!" No way! That totally makes me sound like a creepy and erratic fangirl. Whatever, I just have to play it real real smooth.

I guess now I just have to play the waiting game until the 17th comes around. I just hope she likes me!

Now it's time for a tough decision. I know it said in the letter that I can't tell anyone, but there was no way I could keep something this big from Lisa!

Lisa is my best friend, has been since before we both could talk, and she is pretty interested in Rosè too. While she might be skeptical of the hero's true motives and how she acquired her powers, I'm sure she would kill me if she figured out I kept this secret from her.

Reluctantly, I grabbed my phone and texted her.
_________________________
Jisoo: LILI YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED.

Lisa: I swear if you ordered chicken again using my credit card, I am going to strangle you.

Jisoo: While that is a good guess, you are unfortunately incorrect. It's something MUCH crazier.

Lisa: You got abducted by aliens? I don't know! Just tell me you weirdo!

Jisoo: Have you turned on the news lately?

Lisa: Yea everyone is freaking out about Rosè choosing a.... NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!

Jisoo: ;)

Lisa: OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING!

Jisoo: Nope! I have the letter in my hands now.

Lisa: You crazy bi-

Thanks for checking out my story! Please leave a comment telling me what you thought and drop a star if you can! It lets me know you guys are enjoying the book.

PS: This chapter is dedicated to a special person who always makes me smile.

🇬🇧