Chapter 31 - Tuna Noodle Casserole

"So where's your gorgeous hunk of man?" Zack said, as he walked over to me and gave me a huge hug. He was wearing nothing but a loin cloth which mostly covered him in the front, but left nothing to the imagination in the back. He looked like a Polynesian God and it was all I could do to keep myself from swooning at his feet. I lingered in his embrace for several extra seconds just to feel the taut muscles of his chest against my skin.

God, he was beautiful.

"He got called to the hospital while we were at the movies and I haven't heard from him since. I assume that means it was not good news."

"Doctors: can't live with them, and can't fuck them because they are always fucking working. Don't even get me started on Jen. Do you know that little bitch has canceled our dance lessons twice in the past two weeks?" he said, trying to look as affronted as possible.

"Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask you, where is it that you teach dance again?" I wrapped my arm around his back and he put his arm around my shoulder, leading me deeper into the house where the drinks were being served.

I had ridden my bike here, so I knew I wasn't going to drink much, but I appreciated that he was taking me under his wing at Jen's friend's Halloween party where he was one of only two or three people that I knew.

"I do WERQ at Baila which is a studio in Sugarhouse on Tuesdays and Thursdays and hip-hop at Millenium which is in the 9th & 9th neighborhood on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Why girl, do you dance?" He moved his barely clothed groin in my direction in a delightfully lascivious manner which was doing an excellent job of turning me on.

I moved my arms up to his neck and pulled him close to me, "only when there are hot guys around."

Playing along, he wrapped his arms around my waist and dipped me, pulling one of my legs up his side. My costume was the famous dress Marilyn Monroe wore while filming the subway scene in the Seven Year Itch, so I'm sure our little dance maneuver was giving some corner of the room a nice little view of my underwear.

Just then I saw Jen emerge from behind Zack and he righted me slowly, dragging his hand down my arm to rest at the base of my back. He brought his face inches from mine and licked his lips. I swear I felt each one of my ovaries do a somersault.

"Jesus Jen, how do you dance with this guy every week and not attempt to mate with him?"

Zack laughed, and released me from his carnal embrace.

"Oh, I've tried, believe me. Shredded zucchini has more firmness than his fucking dick when he's dancing with me."

"It's not my fault you smell like stinky pussy, damn girl." Zack exclaimed, but still pulled Jen into a hug and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Now come here bitches, my costume requires an entourage." He wrapped his arms over both of our shoulders and literally dispersed the throng of people milling around in the hallway before us like a half-naked (and fucking ripped) Moses parting the Red Sea.

~~
After we had collected some drinks and some food, we made our way to a sunken living room on the other side of the house to sit on the unoccupied end of a large brown couch. Jen would occasionally get up to say hello or to hug somebody, but Zack mostly stayed next to me – either out of courtesy to me or because he also didn't know many people.

"Jen mentioned that you're seeing somebody out in New York, who is he?" I took a bite of some artichoke dip that I had collected at the buffet table and was pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was.

"His name is Michael, he's actually Jen's boyfriend's, Andy's, brother. He works in finance and we met when he came out here to visit for a week. It's still really early days, but we talk and text and have the most amazing facetime sex. I'm actually going out there in a few days for about a week to visit him and he might come here for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. He's a bit younger than I am, so I have my doubts about how serious he is, but who knows, could be the real thing. What about you? From what Jen tells me things between you and Dr. Mc-Stuffs-his-pants have really been hitting it off, or are you just hitting it?"