PLATONIC Pheaker. (Angst)

(Mostly platonic but still sad- short and to the point...)

Much like his fathers coming demise, Philip meets his own as George comes to realize he wasn't going to shoot him.
But... does he die, though???

Philip Hamilton:

"Hello, Mr. Eaker, sir, how was the rest of your debate?" The late teenager asked quietly.

"Cut to the chase, Philip," the taller man spat.
"Got your gun!?"

"Ye-yes sir. I have everything. Just... waiting on your doctor."

Why did agree to his duel? Why is it that I'm going to let one of my best friends potentially kill me?

But I'm going to raise my gun to the air! That should put an end to the whole affair!
After all, I don't see why he's so upset over being Senator no longer. I voted as I saw best!

It's not my fault he's unstable, and angry, and cold.
He was my friend because I broke through his tough exterior.

He is still my friend because...
Well, there is no reason he should be considered my friend any longer.

But I'm too close to him now to kill him.
Not only that but he's got a daughter of only seven.
I can't do that.
Politics or not.

...

But what if he actually wants to kill me?

The letter I wrote to him wasn't long, but it was as well as I could manage, given my emotional state.

Dear Mr. Eaker-

Regardless if you were the one to indeed kill me, I never intended to hurt you and I still consider you my friend.
I might have become angry at one point at your disregard for any friendship we ever had enough to half heatedly pull the trigger- but not today.

I cannot do that to your legacy.

To your daughter.

Farewell, my friend.

Ever forgiving,
Pip Hamilton.

And with that quill I signed my forgiveness- and handed it to George's second.

George Eacker:

That idiot ruined everything.

My social position.
My job.

With his vote he ended everything I could have had going- it would have been a great opportunity for my daughter to go to school-
For my life to turn around.

And my privlaged little Hamilton friend just couldn't help a guy out.

Mother shucker.