Auto Red Blush

Frank

Parking in New York have always been the most challenging thing since their move. And not to mention the traffic.

As soon as I spotted my wife's sweet smile, I immediately maneuvered and attempted to parralel park my Prius between the gap, which is probablly the exact same size of the whole car. Like I said, parking in New York is a Nightmare.

"Hi mom," Eliza greeted as Hazel entered the car and took the seat beside the driver's seat.

"Hey kiddo," she turned to look at Eliza, "how's school?"

"It's -" Eliza was about to say when I coughed loudly, choking at nothing.

Both girls looked at me with a look.

"sorry," I uttered between coughs

"As I was saying," Eliza continued, "it was okay"

There was silence in the car as I tried to re-enter the traffic.

"Any thing else?" Hazel asked while smiling at her daughter through the rearview mirror.

I glanced at the mirror and watched as my daughter grew red. She looked at me and blinked twice.

"I-it depends on... what you mean by... anything else," Eliza finally answered

"Oh," Hazel sounded worried.

She looked at me with a look that says what happened?

"Ha...ha...ha...," I awkwardly tugged at my collar, "yeah... Goode Highschool"

Hazel's frown grew deeper, "is it really that bad?"

"No," Eliza pipped up

Embarrassed from her own outburst, she grew another shade of red and said, "I-I mean, it's not bad... and it's definitely different from the boarding school back at California"

I glanced at the rear view mirror again, just in time to catch my daughter smile fondly at something she remembers.

"Well?" Hazel turned again to look at her daughter, "why the extra red face?"

"W-well..." Eliza said, "Th-that's for dad... to... tell..."

Hazel looked back at me again, now with an accusing look.

"Nothing bad happened," I immediately said while turning a corner, "everything's peachy"

Hazel's eyes narrowed, "then why is our daughter as red as a tomato if everyhting is peachy?"

"Haha," I laughed smiling nervously, "you know what happens when we meet old colleagues"

"What do you mean?" Hazel is now sitting on the edge of her seat. Curious of what tale was about to unfold.

Oh boy

"I met the guys back there and we almost mutilated Rachel Elizabeth O'Dare with our dad hands," I said with one breath

Eliza narrowed her eyes on me through the rear view mirror, "How do you know my teacher's full name?"

"Well that's because Rachel is a..." Hazel answered but paused for a second, searching for the right word, "colleague, as your father said"

Eliza formed an o shape with her mouth, understanding what her mother said.

"So, you guys accidentally mistaked Rachel as a monster?" Hazel guessed and to be honest, she's not wrong.

"Yeah," I replied with a dejected tone. It's not everyday you mistake one of your friends as a monster.

"You guys always think that," Eliza mumbled, "Especially dad" she looked at me with that look on her face.

"Well, can you blame me for worrying?" I said, "You are the daughter of two amazing demigods"

"Who also happened to be reincarnated," Hazel added

"Well, I'm semi-reincarnated," I commented

Through the mirror, I saw my daughter giggle at the backseat. See, we're not really one to tell secrets. With both mine and Hazel's line of work, it's hard to keep secrets from the people you hold dear.

Oh yeah. I'm not really a professor and neither is Hazel a full-time artist. We're... let's just say, something else. That something else is on hold for now because right now we're on break with the whole demigod thing. Right now, Hazel and I are focused on Eliza.

"I overheard the word reunion earlier," Eliza softly spoke, "Does that mean that I finally get to see Camp Half-Blood?"

Eliza beamed with sparkles on her eyes. Ever since she learned about what she really is, she has been invested on everything about it. Especially about the two camps. Although Camp Jupiter and New Rome are practically neighbors, we never let Eliza cross over the city limits. It was too dangerous for her. Especially with the Field of Mars in constant rennovations and especially with the land mines lying around.

With that being said, it has been ages since our last shennanigans with everybody. Probably before Eliza was even born. So, I guess now, with my daughter on the edge of fourteen, it is the right time to introduce to her yet another crazy side of this demigod life.

"You heard right, Bee," I smiled through the rear view mirror. My daughter glowing extra bright from excitement.

"Guess I'll be packing some extra mosquito repellant," Hazel added on and on they went to their appartment.

A/N: Hi guys! author here. i see you guys seem to like my fanfic. thank you so very much. i appreciate you all. i like writing it too ngl. but i must warn you all, i rarely update. sorry about that ;-; life happened. shes such a dive right? anyways, ill try to update some more... no promises though. thanks again for giving this a read.