Chapter Two: Oppurtunity

Izuku spent the next few days thinking about that one fact.

  *I'm quirkless.. but do they really have evidence to claim that I'm not? But how? I've never had any powers. Maybe they assumed because I supposedly killed a classroom of quirked people.*

  He was shaken from his thoughts when a guard unlocked his cell door.

  "You have a visitor."

  Izuku looked at the ground as he walked past.

  His voice was neutral, but his eyes were full of disgust.

  The greenette was lead by the arms to a room with a glass wall separating him  from.. a small.. bear? And a tall, sleepy homeless man.

  Izuku was confused, to say the least. The bear looked chipper, and the hobo looked indifferent, but their eyes were both wary.

  "Mr Midoriya! It's a pleasure to meet you!" The bear began.

  Izuku smiled politely.

  "And you.. sir."

  The bear smiled.

  "You can just call me Nezu. This is Aizawa. Now, I'm sure you are wondering why we are here?"

  Izuku nodded.

  "Well, to give some context, I am the principal of UA. Aizawa is one of the teachers."

  Izuku's expression became one of excitement.

  "UA? The greatest hero school in the world??" He asked.

  The bear nodded.

  "The very same. Now." His expression became fractionaly more serious. "I am starting a new program at UA. It's called the Villain Rehabilitation Program. Any child or teenager 17 and under who has committed a crime will be taken in, and we will do our best to mould you into a hero!"

  Izuku nodded, understanding so far.

  "This is a relatively new idea, so we need one student to be the 'test' student, as it were. I would like it to be you."

  Izuku stared at the bear.

  "You do know that I have been accused of comitting the worst massacre since before All Might became the symbol of peace?" Izuku asked.

  Nezu nodded.

  "Yes, that is precisely why I chose you! You are only 12 years old, so I believe you can change!" Nezu said.

  Both heroes were curiously pondering Izuku's word choice.

  *Accused? So he doesn't believe he did it himself? Even though he's been caught? Most villains, once they realize they've been caught, love to brag about all the people they've killed or hurt.. but not him.* Aizawa thought.

  Izuku sighed.

  "If.. you are okay with it being me.. I gladly accept." He replied.

  Nezu nodded, turning to leave.

  "Well then, I shall see you outside in a few minutes Midoriya!" He said.

  Izuku was escorted out of the room and down a new corridor, where he was given back most of his belongings.

  Clothes, his red shoes, his hero notes, anything that wasn't stained red in the incident.

  Izuku met Nezu and Aizawa outside, who removed his handcuffs, to his surprise.

  "We're both pro heroes. You'd be an idiot to try something with me around anyway." Aizawa explained, handing the cuffs back to the officers.

  The two heroes and one convict clambered into the back of a car, the driver taking them back to Musutafu.

  "As of today, you are officially a ward of UA! Now, as you are only 12, you will not be able to join any courses for two years, but that gives ample oppurtunity for us to rehabilitate you." The bear said chipperly.

  In another city, deep underground, a man was gazing into a glass tube.

  "Is the Wretched Egg back under control doctor?" He asked.

  Another, shorter man walked over, nodding his head.

  "Yes master, the Egg is under control once more. He returned once the system was put back online, but in that time he massacred a classroom of students." The doctor replied.

  The man nodded, stroking his chin.

  "I was able to spin things onto the sole survivor. A quirkless boy, but everyone thinks he was keeping his quirk hidden from others. He is probably the only one who knows the true killer, but nobody will believe him. After all, what creature could possibly possess multiple quirks?"

  The tall man grinned at his bloody creation within the tank, as the red man grinned back.

  "Don't you worry, my precious Nomu... You'll be able to kill again soon.."

  The angry glares and disgusted stares he got were uncomfortable, but he tried not to think about it. He was shown around campus by Aizawa, then brought up to Nezu's office, where his next two years would be discussed.

  "Now, you don't seem to think so, but I'll ask anyway. Did you kill any of your friends?" Nezu asked.

  Izuku shook his head.

  "I.. don't have any friends. And no, I didn't hurt anyone. I never have." He replied.

  Nezu stared at Izuku's honest eyes for a few seconds.

  "Do you know who did?"

  Izuku nodded.

  "There was a man dressed in red and grey.. but the armour looked more like chains and shackles. His quirk was.. strange. Almost like he had multiple quirks. He could float outside the window on the second floor, and he controlled his blood, I think, to break the wall and.. do.. what he did.." he said.

  Nezu looked calm outwardly. On the inside, he was considering the options.

  *If it's multiple quirks then.. but it can't be! All Might killed him years ago. It must be something else, not flight or blood control, some other power that lets him do that. Telekinesis of some kind? But then why control blood?*

  Izuku reached up to his chest.

  "And he.. shot me with something." Izuku said.

  Nezu looked up sharply.

  "You were uninjured." He said.

  Izuku nodded.

  "Hi know.. but he formed a red crystal in his hand, and it shot into my chest. That's why I was against the wall instead of at my desk. But.. there's no injury or scar of any kind.."

  Aizawa stared at Izuku.

  "Why hide your quirk? Why say you were quirkless? Were you seeking sympathy from others?" The tired hero asked.

  Izuku snorted.

  "Sympathy? You think the only quirkless kid in Japan, inferior to all others gets sympathy? From the kids with strong quirks who are told all their lives that they're amazing? That they're the perfect human being?" Izuku asked.

  Both teachers frowned.

  "You really think you're quirkless?" Nezu asked.

  Izuku frowned now.

  "I know I'm quirkless. I tried every quirk test under the sun. I tried to breathe fire like dad. Then tried moving objects with my mind like my mum. I tried a combination of the two. I tried strength, I tried intelligence, I tried mental quirks, physical quirks, emitter quirks. Nothing ever worked." Izuku said.

  Nezu typed on his computer for a moment, accessing Izuku's doctor appointment when he was 4.

  "You really were pronounced quirkless... But.. Midoriya."

  Izuku looked up at the bear.

  "In the doctor's investigation.. they found a quirk factor. A powerful one."