PROLOGUE (Never make the big bad wolf angry)

"What's that woman doing?"

Kenneth O'Brian put down the newspaper he was reading and looked straight ahead. A few feet from where they were standing was the bait car that was used that week. He was surprised to find a woman hovering around it, looking at it carefully, given that usually those who fell into the trap were either gang members or common criminals who were stepping into the police station's dungeons several times a year.

"Fuck! Where are we going?! This is going to be the first arrest of a woman in this year."

"Right." Kenneth nodded, looking alternately at his police partner and the bait car in which the woman continued to watch him closely from a distance as if she still didn't know quite what to do. He was hoping she wasn't stupid and would go on her way, it sucked to arrest women and he had been having a shitty day, all he wanted was to finish his shift and go to the O'Brian's bar and drink himself into a stupor. "But you know we can't act until she gets in the car and starts it."

"Shit, what a day we've had, this one would be the twentieth of the day. How the hell can they steal a car with the keys in it? They should be suspicious by now, especially after that shitty TV show where they show how our Unit acts. I still can't figure out how our bosses agreed to have us filmed."

"Money." Kenneth answered plainly, shrugging his shoulders. The world revolved around money and it would always be like that.

"I'm a laughing stock at family dinners now. Oh, but all you do is wait in the car for the thief to do his job!" Kenneth laughed at his friend's tone of voice, seeing Luke put on a woman's voice and make those hand gestures imitating his sister, with whom he had a strange fraternal relationship that showed the love-hate they both had, was priceless. One of these days he was going to record it with his cell phone to blackmail him when they met for a drink at the O'Brian's bar. Fucking harpy.

Kenneth laughed for a few seconds, without stopping looking sideways at the bait car, he didn't forget for a second that they were working.

"Remember that she's your sister, Luke. If your parents hear you talking like that about her..." He shook his head mocking his friend. They had known each other since they met in a self-defence class at the police academy, and from that day on, they were friends. He could guarantee that their friendship was the closest thing to having a little brother to torment when he could and to support when he needed it most. He was one of his best friends and he was grateful to fate that he remained so after discovering his secret.

"Right." Luke crossed his arms and looked at him with arrogance, before answering him. "Don't remind me, fortunately you don't have some Star Wars freak parents who called their children Luke and Leia, nor do you have to put up with the spouting of the horde of cousins who every year don't stop giving us merchandising from that damned saga to make fun of us. Fuck!" He ran his hand through his blond hair, stirring it up. "Last Christmas I had to fight my cousin with the plastic laser swords, and put up with that... "Luke, uggg uggg, I'm your father.""

He couldn't avoid it and started laughing, bending over in two, slapping hard on the steering wheel of the undercover car.

"Damn son of a bitch, you laugh, gloat over my pathetic life."

Kenneth coughed several times, looked straight ahead to see that the woman they were watching was digging around in her big bag, and turned, commenting to his patrol buddy.

"Yes, yes, complain, wasn't it you who bought your girlfriend a Star Trek costume? What was it? Oh, yes! That tight, short red one Lieutenant Uhura wears, right?"

Luke turned red and opened his eyes with a surprised grimace that almost made him laugh again. It was so easy to make fun of him that all the O'Briens asked him to take him to the bar more often so they could laugh at the human.