Chapter 1

KATIE

I know that they have church right now, but I don't care. I'm pissed.

"Hey, you know better than to disturb church, Katie," dad says when I come barging in, making all heads turn to me.

I don't look at them, I just keep walking towards dad with angry strides. "You threatened Liam, really dad, just because you saw me hug him. How the hell am I supposed to get a boyfriend when you scare them off?"

"That's the thing, Princess, you're not supposed to...at least until you're 30."

What he doesn't know is that Liam already is my boyfriend, but he definitely doesn't need to know that. He would kill him.

"Ugh!" I say frustrated.

"Now, can you calm down. We're about to welcome Beast home."

"Who's Beast?" I say and turn around to the others...and there he is, more handsome than I remember him, but still that teasing smirk on his face, making his dimples show...Nate. He's become hot as hell, though. Those years in the Army did him good. Ripped as hell and tattoos all over his arms. His dirty blond hair is buzzed on the sides and a little longer on top.

Fuck, I'm staring.

I quickly look at dad, narrowing my eyes at him. "Well, I'm still pissed at you. I'm hitting the gym." I turn around on my heels and walk towards the door, really restraining myself not to look at Nate...or Beast...or whatever the hell his new name is now.

"Love you, Princess," I hear dad say before I slam the door shut.

I hear them chuckling in there. Assholes.

I love my dad and all my 'uncles', but they piss me off with their overbearing protectiveness. It's always been like this, but being older and having all these hormones, makes is so much more frustrating. Auntie Amy knows what I'm talking about, having dad as an overprotective brother all her life. She and mom know about Liam being my boyfriend, but they keep it a secret from dad and the guys. They want me to be able to live and not be a princess stuck in a tower for the rest of my life. I'm 18 for God's sake.

Me and Liam met when I started college 3 months ago. He's a quarterback of the football team and is good looking and nice. Not as ripped as Nate, though, who seems to be on steroids. He's got some muscles, but is more on the leaner side.

Why the hell am I comparing him to Nate?

Anyway...

We have some classes together and started out as friends since I knew that there was no point in me having a boyfriend, but he didn't give up and here we are. We're taking it slow, though, and we either see each other at school or at his dorm since I can't bring him home and let him be executed by dad.

You're being overdramatic, you think. Well, I'm not. Dad would probably shoot him, lock me up until I was 30 and make me wear iron panties with a lock on them...that only he has the key to.

Mom and Amy cover for me even if mom doesn't like lying to dad. We say that I'm with one of my friends when I'm actually with him. Not that often, though. I'm with my friends too.

Me and Molly went to preschool together and have known each other ever since. She lives in town with her parents. Ivy lives in Fort Adams where my college also is, and where Liam lives.

It's a 20-minute drive and mom and dad bought me a car when I turned 16, so Molly rides with me to school. I'm glad that they bought me a normal car even if it's armored. At least, I don't have to embarrass myself in Tank III.

You see, dad bought mom an armored truck several years ago. She didn't want to drive it at first since it looks like a freakin' tank, but dad convinced her that it was for her safety. I'm glad that he did because without it, she and Amy would've gotten hurt...or worse. Five years ago, dad bought mom Tank III. It's an upgraded version of Tank II, but it's still a freakin' tank.