Part 5

It was already past 6 when I reached my dorm after hanging out with the rest of the Ayanokoji Group (still feels weird calling it that). 

What I saw there today at the cafe shocked me, to be honest.

Horikita knew well that Kushida won't give up until she expels her and maybe after that she would try to expel me. But first, she would definitely want to do away with Horikita. 

Horikita had said that she would do something regarding the matter with Kushida. I had thought it better to leave that to her and that would also save me some trouble of taking action myself.

But I think the situation's getting pretty out of hand. Horikita doesn't seem to have achieved anything so far. The most I had seen was Horikta trying to talk it out with her. 

Horikita had definitely grown since the past year. She had potential, to begin with, and it has gotten even finer now. But she didn't quite use that potential regarding the matter with Kushida. She probably knows herself that trying to talk it through with Kushida wasn't going to cut. 

But for some reason she was acting stubborn here, leading her to be naive. She was probably thinking that if she wanted to reach Class A Kushida would be a key player. I honestly believe that as well. But, given the situation as it is, Kushida would be the sole reason, why she won't be able to realize her dreams.

We are inching closer and closer to the final year. The final year would be the last year that she will be able to aim for Class A. But, during that important and final year, if Kushida is allowed to do as she pleased, then she would without a doubt try to expel Horikita. And that could render all of her efforts for naught.

So, if Horikita still stays stubborn and doesn't do something about her, then she can kiss her dream of reaching Class A, goodbye. 

Should I do something myself?

No, I don't want to involve myself in troublesome matters. I want to enjoy my high school life in peace as much as possible. 

But I get the feeling that it won't be long since I have to face some troubles. It's just my instinct and I have no proof but I believe it nonetheless.

While I was thinking about all these things, I hadn't realized that I had already arrived at my room.

I opened the room and in the shoe locker, a pair of shoes was already placed, no, rather it was a bit hidden. And I immediately knew who it was. It was definitely Kei.

I locked the door and hung the U-shaped lock.

This way, even if someone came to visit, I could turn that person away without letting them in. Using the U-lock every time when Kei was in my room was now second nature to me. Because no one knew when something like the incident with Amasawa might happen again. It was better than someone accidentally coming and finding out it was just me and Kei.  

After making sure it was locked I took off my shoes and headed inside and as if confirming my suspicions I heard someone humming inside my living room.

There sitting on my bed, no, she was rolling around the bed like a puppy, with her earphones over her ears, was Kei.

She was a very very important existence in my life, my girlfriend. 

"Oh, Kiyotaka. What took you so long?!"

Upon seeing me she popped down from the bed and approached me.

"I was with the usual group and company."

"Is that so? So, what would you like?"

"Coffee?"