Part 6

"Now it's time for bed, Sophie," Hermione said.

The little girl on the bed sighed. Those chocolate eyes grew even larger as she looked at Hermione. Her black curls swayed as she shook her head from side to side and her bottom lip was thrust in a full pout. If she didn't stay strong, Hermione knew she would cave.

"But maman," Sophie began. "I want to hear more about how you and daddy met!"

"It's way past your bedtime, love," Hermione insisted. She brushed a stray curl away from her daughter's forehead and kissed her. "You've heard that story a million times before!"

A dramatic sigh escaped Sophie's lips. She brought her stuffed broom closer to her chest. "Yes but I want to hear it again. It's my favourite story!"

Hermione drew the blankets higher and tucked Sophie in bed. "You have a busy day tomorrow, love. You have little league Quidditch in the morning and then it's daddy's game that afternoon. You wouldn't want to be tired for all of that, now would you?" She stroked Sophie's head and leaned closer to her little girl.

Hermione watched her daughter think. Sophie considered her words with pursed lips and squinted eyes. Finally deciding that it would be catastrophic if she was asleep for daddy's game, Sophie finally nodded her head and relaxed. She drew her arms from under her blanket and hugged Hermione. She kissed her mother's cheek. "Okay, I will sleep then. But I want to hear the whole story for bedtime tomorrow!"

Hermione laughed and kissed Sophie again. Her daughter was turning into quite the negotiator and she had a feeling it was due to Tante Amelie's influence. Perhaps she should find another babysitter. "Why don't you get daddy to tell you the story tomorrow evening?" Hermione offered. Sophie smiled and nodded her head enthusiastically. Hermione squeezed her daughter once more and rose from the bed. "I love you, baby. Sweet dreams."

"I love you too, maman," Sophie replied and yawned.

Hermione turned off the bedside lamp casting the room into shadows save for a small night light shaped like a Golden Snitch. She walked to the door and left.

It took her awhile to get to the master suite for she had multiple stops along the hallway. She finally got to the bedroom and entered. She was greeted with the sight of her husband already in bed with a book in his hands. His chest was bare for he was only wearing joggers and his feet were crossed at the ankles as he read. He looked up when he heard her enter and that smile she loved so much lit his face.

"Our little princess finally let you go?" He asked in a baritone voice. He set the book down when she climbed into bed and into his arms. Her arms snaked around his waist as she snuggled into his side.

"Yes, she wanted to hear the story about how you and I met... again," Hermione said. She felt him shake when he laughed.

"That seems to be a favourite around here... Gabe and Bast requested for the same story," he replied. "I think it's the Quidditch."

Hermione sighed and tsked. "Leave it to fate to have me marry a Quidditch player. I didn't even like the game."

Her husband laughed once again and rolled her onto her back. She looked up with mirth in her chocolate eyes as she played with his hair with one hand.

"Well, Mrs. Potter," Harry began. "I sure hope you're a little more accommodating to the game now than you were before. If not the game, then perhaps its players?"

"I might be persuaded," Hermione replied. She looped her hands around his neck and brought him closer.

"Do you know what the twins asked me tonight?" He whispered. He was a hair's breadth away that his words were like light kisses against her lips.

She looked at him with questioning eyes and shook her head.

"They asked if they could have a little brother. Or sister. They said either one would work," Harry said with a grin. He watched his lovely wife burst into laughter underneath him.

"Oh Harry, honestly," was Hermione's only reply to that.

He nuzzled her cheek. "I did say I wanted a big family... they could be their own Quidditch team!"

Hermione snorted. "Right, and they shall be called the Potterhead United."

"I knew you would see my vision," Harry said once again. He cut off another sarcastic remark from his wife by covering her lips with his.

Harry and Hermione set off to make his vision - their vision - come true... with properly placed silencing and locking charms, of course.

They had already been scolded by their five year old before that "practicing their winning cheers" so late at night even if it were under the covers would wake everyone up.

So as to avoid any discontent between future players and their management, Harry and Hermione never again forgot to cast the charms.  

The future roster of Potterhead United slept soundly that night.

-~-~-~-

Fin. (for now)

-~-~-~-

Blagging: Grabbing any part of an opponent's broom to slow or hinder

Blagging: Grabbing any part of an opponent's broom to slow or hinder. Applicable to all players.

Cobbing: Using excessive force with elbows against opponents. Applicable to all players.

Bumphing: Hitting Bludgers towards the crowd to force the referees to stop the game and rush to protect bystanders. Applicable only to Beaters.

xoxoxox

Micca's Notes: As always, thank you for reading! You're probably wondering: What, that's it?! And the answer is, yes, that's it for now. I wrote this as a short one-shot since the plot bunny would not leave me, but I do want to turn this into a full-fledged fic. We have the start, we have the end, but what's the middle? Only time will tell! =) Also thank you to Arishatistic for bringing the scene when Harry fell onto Hermione's lap to life. This is one of my favourite commissions to date. Join the HMS Harmony Discord for more Harry/Hermione content and discussions! Invite: www.hhriscanonbitches.com