Chapter 1

The morning in the demon world began as usual. The alarm clock in Iruma's room squealed at five-thirty sharp. The kid had gotten used to it in the two years of living in his foster grandfather Sullivan's world. Life went on as usual. He is also increasingly learning magic tricks, though he spared no effort in using them, rather than wasting the magical potential of the vessel ring his grandfather had given him. In two years, Iruma was able to earn his fifth rank, nearly beating Amelie's record. Clara and Asmodeus were damn glad that their friend could earn such a high rank in such a short time, even though they themselves had reached the fourth. For the past couple of months, the blue-haired boy had begun to notice some strange things. Sometimes he thought the ring was talking to him. But as soon as he focused his attention on it, it stopped. Maybe Iruma was just imagining things. The vacations between freshman and sophomore year were spent in a hotel quite far from home in Iruma's class. Sullivan did his best, though the blue-haired man said he shouldn't. But the horny old man couldn't be persuaded. Iruma's only regret was that Amelie couldn't go with them because she had business on the student council. Iruma still remembered the two tufts of hair that looked like ears falling when she remembered her duties. Iruma promised to bring her a souvenir to comfort her in some way. That helped and the demoness' mood immediately improved. Iruma remembered the moment when they first met. At that moment, he had no idea that she was the head of the student council. In his musings, Iruma didn't notice his name being called from the street. Asmodeus and Clara were already waiting for their best friend outside. After eating breakfast and saying goodbye to Sullivan and Oprah, he headed to school with his friends. On the way, Asmodeus jokingly argued with Clara as usual. Upon arriving at the school, something seemed very strange to Iruma. Normally all students were greeted at the entrance by the student council. Today, however, there were none and Iruma noticed this. But Asmodeus and Clara didn't seem to care. Classes went on as usual, but the absence of the student council really stressed Iruma out and distracted him from his classes. So what had happened? With that question in mind, Iruma headed to the common room to read manga to Amelie as usual. The blue-haired man offered to teach the girl at least the basics of Japanese, but she flatly refused. Knocking and stepping inside, Iruma found nothing but silence. After looking around the room and not finding the head of the student council in it, the boy went to look.

- I wonder where she went. She said she'd meet me here before the vacations.

- Iruma-chi!

- Iruma-sama. Did something happen?

- Clara? Asmodeus? Not at all. I'm fine. Have you seen Amelie, by any chance?

- No. Why, do you have something to do with her?

- It's not that... it's just...

- Hey! Iruma-chi, why do you need her?

- Calm down, Clara. Iruma-sama probably has something to do with the head of the student council.

The green-haired girl was sulking all the way to the canteen. While eating, Iruma wondered where Amelie had gone. It wasn't her habit to disappear like that, especially during school hours. It was strange. The rest of the day Iruma wasn't at ease. What had happened? Sullivan noticed it.

- Grandson, is something wrong? You haven't been yourself after school. Somebody must've hurt you. You tell me and I'll tell you. The old man's aura started to leak out.

- Huh? No, no, nobody hurt me.

- Then what happened?

- I don't know. You know Amelie, right? The head of the student council?

- Amelie Azazel? Of course she does. She's a lovely girl. Talented, bright, very promising. The pride of the family. What about her?

- She wasn't at school today.

- What? That's impossible.

- I don't believe it myself. She's not in the habit of disappearing without telling anyone.

- I agree. She's very serious about her responsibilities and her studies in general. That's weird. Have you talked to anyone else about this besides me?

- Just Clara and Asmodeus.

- Well, don't tell anyone else about it, okay? I'll try to find out what happened.

- Thanks, Grandpa. Okay, I won't tell anyone else.

- That's fine. Now let's have dinner.

- Yeah.

After eating, Iruma lay in bed pondering the whole situation. After a few minutes, the blue-haired man fell asleep