Chapter 3

Third person pov

"What the actual double fuck?" 

Hidan stared with wide eyes at the exact thing he'd hoped to never see again. There, in the exact same spot it had been yesterday, sat that same fucking child! As in the one he had very clearly seen Konan carry out the other day and come back without. The one she claimed she'd taken to a god damned orphanage so it could never bother them again. This wasn't okay. It wasn't okay at all! Just what was this thing? A tiny wizard? A ninja with dwarfism? There was no explanation as to how they possibly could've gotten in on their own. The chances of them finding this place again after being dropped off at some random orphanage were slim to none! So just how were they here?

Nahiko stared back at him, not seeming at all worried or alarmed. The brat still had that rabbit with them, holding it loosely. Its beady little eyes seemed to stare back at him judgmentally. He'd never hated a stuffed animal more in his entire life. And for no particular reason, too! The thing was just creepy was all. He wasn't sure what sort of child could ever like something like that. Just looking at it for too long sent a shiver down his spine. This brat was lucky they weren't riddled with nightmares of the thing and its soulless gaze that seemed to follow him as he stomped closer.

"Oh fuck no! Why the hell are you here?! Leader got rid of you!" Hidan yelled as he approached. Nahiko watched boredly and without a care in the world, not at all scared by the hulking man coming up on her with no small amount of rage. Hidan--furious--yanked Nahiko up by their hood. The kid hung limply without a care in the world, holding their rabbit loosely by one of its paws. Hidan scowled and turned on his heel, marching down the hall.

How did this kid get back in? The worst part about all of this was, despite his indignation, he actually couldn't find it in himself to be mad that the kid had returned. He didn't really know why in particular he felt this way. He'd never been fond of brats. They were irritating, disgusting, and got in the way. Was it because this one was kind of cute? Or how he didn't seem scared of Hidan's loud and rambunctious nature? He didn't know. He wanted the kid gone either way. It sort of freaked him out that he'd managed to get in again, honestly. He didn't know what to say.

Coming to Pein's door, he all but kicked it off its hinges. Not particularly respectful of him, but he didn't give a shit. The lock snapped much to his pride, the door flinging open with a brand new imprint of his boot plastered on the front. Pein looked up from his work without any surprise, sporting a venomous glare that made Hidan only mildly regret defacing Akatsuki property. Leader-sama would understand and hopefully not tear Hidan apart atom by atom. This was a big deal. Their base had been infiltrated! If a child could do it, so could someone else. Someone more dangerous and skilled than a toddler with a stuffed rabbit.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Pein barked out. Konan stepped out of the corner, shadows melting off of her. She too sported a glare that Hidan would argue was actually scarier than Leader's was. Hidan didn't say anything, instead offering a scowl and holding the kid up. Though still hanging by his hood, the brat didn't seem to care at all. He just let himself be manhandled, bringing his free hand up to give a small wave to Konan and their fearless leader. It was almost comical. Hidan would've laughed were he not so thrown off by the entire ordeal.

Pein and Konan stared at the child for a good second, processing just what they were seeing. The way their eyes widened was hilarious. Funniest shit Hidan had seen all day. He wasn't sure what they'd done to the kid the day before, but their shock showed that it had been something notable. Nahiko stared at them, blinking blandly in a way that showed he wasn't all that impressed. Pein felt a shiver go down his spine, shifting uncomfortably. How had this child found them again? They would have to move hiding places again. It had been almost a month. But... this kid had kept their word. He was back-- just like he said he would be.